2021 Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

14 minutes ago, Decked said:

Dammit...spring ball always suckers me in. 

A lot of things to be encouraged about, but it seems like the media is trying to tell us something about Smothers without actually telling us.... I've seen a lot of comments from the media about is throwing ability down the field.

3 hours ago, Decked said:

Sounds like he was out with a precautionary injury. But even without that I think he’s in for a 10-12 catch year IMO. 

I think it goes: 

Toure by a long mile then Falck & Martin as your lead guys. Betts as 4 .

Put me down for Toure, Martin, Betts, and Brown. In that order.

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

A lot of things to be encouraged about, but it seems like the media is trying to tell us something about Smothers without actually telling us.... I've seen a lot of comments from the media about is throwing ability down the field.

Sure,  he can throw the ball with no pass rush.  So can a lot of people.  Same old spring nonsense and I will hold out as long as possible this year from the kool aid drinking.  Show me on the field, against Wisconsin, Iowa and Ohio State.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Sure,  he can throw the ball with no pass rush.  So can a lot of people.  Same old spring nonsense and I will hold out as long as possible this year from the kool aid drinking.  Show me on the field, against Wisconsin, Iowa and Ohio State.

The media has made comments suggesting Smothers throws a BAD deep ball....

11 minutes ago, Decked said:

Brown is an interesting one. Feels like he should’ve been a lot more active than he was last year. 

I think he's got the potential to be pretty special, assuming Nebraska provides a QB that can get him the ball.

Love to hear the starters are ready for special teams as well. 

after watching all the 90-01 great teams on YouTube during the BS lockdown, it was amazing to watch how many young/mid year great players were on kickoff & return, punt and FG block type stuff.  Vandenbosch, Tomich, Kelsey, Craver, Mackovich, Farlley, Newcombe, et al...who turned out to be great Huskers, All Americans and even pro players. 

we actually won a lot of games because we had our “best athletes” on the field. Not necessarily starters, but some starters contributing on special teams. As our depth grows and players just want to see the field, our special teams will get better. 

• Fire 1