Jump to content

2021 Spring Practice Notes


Mavric

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^   meh, since May of 2020 after 5 weeks + of total lockdown and not letting my kids do squat and totally buying into the 15 days to slow the spread starting March 15 or so...I said F it.. I g

Can you imagine if the football team was as good as the media department?

There’s a COVID thread in P&R for this sort of nonsense.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep.

 

 

After watching all the different highlight clips from the different outlets it appears we are still going to struggle with throwing the ball accurately consistently. I do have to say it appears Haarberg has put in a lot of work and would not be surprised to see him at the #2 QB spot by end of year. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

After watching all the different highlight clips from the different outlets it appears we are still going to struggle with throwing the ball accurately consistently. I do have to say it appears Haarberg has put in a lot of work and would not be surprised to see him at the #2 QB spot by end of year. 

I guess I haven't seen that from the clips I've watched.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I haven't seen that from the clips I've watched.

Martinez skipping a ball to a wide open receiver across the middle. Throwing YOLO bombs into double coverage. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Martinez skipping a ball to a wide open receiver across the middle. Throwing YOLO bombs into double coverage. 

 

Martinez (in the red sleeves) missed the deep cross over the middle but otherwise completed everything else we saw and dropped a couple of really nice dimes. The QB in the black sleeves (I think it's Smothers) threw one YOLO bomb and missed an open deep pass. Regardless, it's a handful of the hundreds or reps they're going to take in practice and drawing any meaningful conclusions from them is very silly.

  • Plus1 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Just now, J-MAGIC said:

 

Martinez (in the red sleeves) missed the deep cross over the middle but otherwise completed everything else we saw and dropped a couple of really nice dimes. The QB in the black sleeves (I think it's Smothers) threw one YOLO bomb and missed an open deep pass. Regardless, it's a handful of the hundreds or reps they're going to take in practice and drawing any meaningful conclusions from them is very silly.

I agree with this but I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the two mistakes shown wasnt the only two errors. I hope I am wrong but I am hoping we actually focus on running the damn ball so Martinez can deliver those shots to Betts consistently. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post

16 hours ago, SECHusker said:

 


What is this they are practicing? A downfield pass? Have we actually attempted anything like this in a real game in the last 3 years?

Link to post
9 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

After watching all the different highlight clips from the different outlets it appears we are still going to struggle with throwing the ball accurately consistently. I do have to say it appears Haarberg has put in a lot of work and would not be surprised to see him at the #2 QB spot by end of year. 

Behind Smothers ?

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:


What is this they are practicing? A downfield pass? Have we actually attempted anything like this in a real game in the last 3 years?

My sentiments exactly.  This also illustrates why I discourage fans from watching film of practice sessions and projecting progress.  Practice and games are fundamentally different.  No pass rush, receivers always get open with single coverage, and base defensive sets that give the QB every advantage.  Let's see this on a Saturday when it counts.

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
9 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I agree with this but I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the two mistakes shown wasnt the only two errors. I hope I am wrong but I am hoping we actually focus on running the damn ball so Martinez can deliver those shots to Betts consistently. 

So much this.........

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...