2021 Spring Practice Notes

Mavric

With the ban for on campus recruiting going to April 15th, it's smart to go with a May timeline for the spring game. Recruits will be excited to visit a campus and you can use officials during this time. 

The big question I have is how many official visits can be used from the current cycle since no team could use any. 

• Plus1 2
44 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

THIS IS NOT A COVID THREAD

But they've said vaccines should be fully available to the general public by April, so the May 1 date seems strategic. I like it. 

Relax Karen.  I never mentioned it, you did... and you also managed to bring vaccines into the discussion.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

But they've said vaccines should be fully available to the general public by April, so the May 1 date seems strategic. I like it. 

Right now they are saying it could take 2-4 months from the beginning of April for everyone to get it who wants it. There will still be restrictions in May but maybe instead of no fans in the stadiums, half full or 2/3 full. Which should be easy since it's a spring game. Then by fall hopefully back to normal or close to it.

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Right now they are saying it could take 2-4 months from the beginning of April for everyone to get it who wants it. There will still be restrictions in May but maybe instead of no fans in the stadiums, half full or 2/3 full. Which should be easy since it's a spring game. Then by fall hopefully back to normal or close to it.

The Big Ten isn't going to be able to restrict spring game attendance. 

2 hours ago, uberism said:

The Big Ten isn't going to be able to restrict spring game attendance. 

Regardless, given that UNL has its own restrictions, I doubt they're gonna let it be 100% capacity. But it may not matter. There might not be enough people wanting to stop social distancing at that point for more than 50% of the tickets to get sold. So they may not have to restrict anything other than asking people to spread out.

• Plus1 2

https://hailvarsity.com/football/husker-ad-bill-moos-wants-to-see-fewer-mental-mistakes-in-2021/

Gotta love Bill Moos’ frankness.  He’s right.  ST, penalties and turnovers Must be fixed this spring. 

His comment on procedural penalties (false starts) in empty stadiums was spot on.  My feeling on this is you have either A.  Dumb players or B. Substandard coaching.  There’s no C.  I don’t care if you’re a freshman or not.  Jr high teams know the damn cadence or they don’t play. 

• Plus1 1

shot across the bow. 

I think Frost knows excellence. I think he expects it. But where we are now, unfortunately, he has to teach it. 

getting good, smart players is one thing. Teaching them the way you want them to do your thing is another beast. When older players can teach and help the younger ones grow during practice that’ll be the switch. We have so many young players they aren’t learning from older players. 

good god, can we get some upperclassmen?  The rub is Martinez will be a Sr and Robinson will be a Jr next yr.  Gotta get these rFr and Soph taking control of this freaking team. 

the next 2 yrs is ride or DIE 

46 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

https://hailvarsity.com/football/husker-ad-bill-moos-wants-to-see-fewer-mental-mistakes-in-2021/

Gotta love Bill Moos’ frankness.  He’s right.  ST, penalties and turnovers Must be fixed this spring. 

His comment on procedural penalties (false starts) in empty stadiums was spot on.  My feeling on this is you have either A.  Dumb players or B. Substandard coaching.  There’s no C.  I don’t care if you’re a freshman or not.  Jr high teams know the damn cadence or they don’t play. 

I'm glad this is being discussed by Moos. No hiding behind the desk. Be open about what needs to get fixed and go get it fixed. No need to be sensitive about it. It's football. Fix it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

They also said to expect 20M vaccinated by the end of the year and the last I saw as of yesterday (Dec. 30) the total was up to a whopping 2.8M. It will summer, fall or later before everyone that wants to get vaccinated has access to the vaccine.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

They also said to expect 20M vaccinated by the end of the year and the last I saw as of yesterday (Dec. 30) the total was up to a whopping 2.8M. It will summer, fall or later before everyone that wants to get vaccinated has access to the vaccine.

My county got 1900+ doses over two weeks ago.  As of today, they've given just over 300 shots because none of the folks responsible for the shots works weekends or holidays.  It's a sh*tshow.  

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to 2021 Spring Practice Notes