The Angry Violent Left

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I was hoping you and Archy would have read the words I chose, which clearly demonstrated my lack of respect for Antifa tactics and posturing. Then when I said exactly how much I was willing to defend them, I simply pointed out that the far left was fighting against something that was verifiably real, and unjust, while the far right was fighting against a fraudulent conspiracy theory that's incredibly stupid. 

Got it. Stuff like that is okay as long as the people doing it believe in their cause and how unjust, but real, it is to them.

For the record, I also condemned the events at the Capitol...

• Plus1 1

I was hoping you and Archy would have read the words I chose, which clearly demonstrated my lack of respect for Antifa tactics and posturing. Then when I said exactly how much I was willing to defend them, I simply pointed out that the far left was fighting against something that was verifiably real, and unjust, while the far right was fighting against a fraudulent conspiracy theory that's incredibly stupid. 

Yeah, that building won't harass anyone ever again!

:)

• Plus1 2

True, he did not call them a$$h@!es, or address them as Dave, Justin, or Mindy, but everything you're trying to infer here is wrong:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-biden-condemned-antifa/fact-check-joe-biden-has-condemned-antifa-violent-protests-idUSKBN2712ZA

He can’t even say the name as evident by your source.  

Yet Trump condemns White Supremacists and Nazi’s 25-30 times by name and the media and people on this board still has a narrative that he is a white supremacist.  Wake me when he condemns ANTIFA by name and does it as often so we can believe it.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Got it. Stuff like that is okay as long as the people doing it believe in their cause and how unjust, but real, it is to them.

For the record, I also condemned the events at the Capitol...

well no. You’re still determined not to understand. It’s not okay to be a violent little d******d, but if reality exists, one cause is definitely more real than the other. That’s why people and politicians sided with protesters not looters, and where the entire premise of January 6 went off the tracks

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

He can’t even say the name as evident by your source.  

Yet Trump condemns White Supremacists and Nazi’s 25-30 times by name and the media and people on this board still has a narrative that he is a white supremacist.  Wake me when he condemns ANTIFA by name and does it as often so we can believe it.  

Compare the statements Trump made when somebody wrote them up for him, and the unscripted comments he made the next day. Bottom line; every white supremacist organization endorses Donald Trump — and Tucker Carlson for that matter— because they speak their language. You may not believe this, but the Left has never considered Biden one of them, and neither does Biden. They just have more in common than the cult that has swallowed the right

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

well no. You’re still determined not to understand. It’s not okay to be a violent little d******d, but if reality exists, one cause is definitely more real than the other. That’s why people and politicians sided with protesters not looters, and where the entire premise of January 6 went off the tracks

I don’t live on the West Coast thankfully, but I have to ask...Does the Portland police or Seattle police have long established history of racism and police brutality that is still going unchecked that deserves police precincts to be set on fire, and city blocks constantly under protest?   Or does Antifa just like to cosplay as rioters trying to make America great again for little guy/gal?  

• Plus1 2
48 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t live on the West Coast thankfully, but I have to ask...Does the Portland police or Seattle police have long established history of racism and police brutality that is still going unchecked that deserves police precincts to be set on fire, and city blocks constantly under protest?   Or does Antifa just like to cosplay as rioters trying to make America great again for little guy/gal?  

Portland and Seattle have been small hotbeds for folks of a certain anarchist bent for several years There are many reasons to enjoy both cities, and people I know who live there assure me that life goes on unaffected outside the fairly tiny zone in question. There is cosplay involved, as I mentioned in my previous post. 

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Portland and Seattle have been small hotbeds for folks of a certain anarchist bent for several years There are many reasons to enjoy both cities, and people I know who live there assure me that life goes on unaffected outside the fairly tiny zone in question. There is cosplay involved, as I mentioned in my previous post. 

I don’t understand why they are so hell bent on rioting against the police for perceived injustices if their particular police department doesn’t have that particular issue?   Why not travel to the departments that have a systemic issue and riot there?  Anecdotal questions I know, as there isn’t really a good answer to justify those clowns. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I understand perfectly. The approval for their actions depend on which viewpoint the viewer has. 

But you still have not explained what arson in Portland has to do with a trial in Minnesota. And if burning down civic buildings is "protests" then I know what side I will be viewing from.

• Plus1 2
17 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I understand perfectly. The approval for their actions depend on which viewpoint the viewer has. 

But you still have not explained what arson in Portland has to do with a trial in Minnesota. And if burning down civic buildings is "protests" then I know what side I will be viewing from.

Last time: I don't approve of their actions. Got it?  But I understand the cause they're protesting. I think that's where a majority of people land. On the other side, I think some people on the right understand and sympathize with the January 6 mob, but believe they really shouldn't have stormed the Capitol and threatened the lives of Congress people. 

That being said, comparing protests against systemic inequality to protests of a fraudulent election conspiracy is a false equivalency.  One is profoundly more dangerous to America than the other. 

I have no idea why I have to explain arson in Portland and the trial in Minnesota. I don't even understand the comparison. The presumption that I speak for Antifa as a liberal pretty much demonstrates the problem, especially after multiple posts trying to make my POV explicitly clear. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t understand why they are so hell bent on rioting against the police for perceived injustices if their particular police department doesn’t have that particular issue?   Why not travel to the departments that have a systemic issue and riot there?  Anecdotal questions I know, as there isn’t really a good answer to justify those clowns. 

I'm going to guess you would hate them even more if they traveled to a precinct where none of them lived. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm going to guess you would hate them even more if they traveled to a precinct where none of them lived. 

Don’t think I can actually despise them anymore than I do actually so it would probably be the same. They are f#&%ing idiots and don’t really have a cause, just want to destroy things.  Even the black activists hates them because they know they are co-opting a movement 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Last time: I don't approve of their actions. Got it?  But I understand the cause they're protesting. I think that's where a majority of people land. On the other side, I think some people on the right understand and sympathize with the January 6 mob, but believe they really shouldn't have stormed the Capitol and threatened the lives of Congress people. 

That being said, comparing protests against systemic inequality to protests of a fraudulent election conspiracy is a false equivalency.  One is profoundly more dangerous to America than the other. 

I have no idea why I have to explain arson in Portland and the trial in Minnesota. I don't even understand the comparison. The presumption that I speak for Antifa as a liberal pretty much demonstrates the problem, especially after multiple posts trying to make my POV explicitly clear. 

Where did I bring up a comparison to Jan 6th?

And, I condemned both. I don't use "but if the cause is something I believe in it's okay" as an excuse. I hope they all get to go to jail. I hope they never try to take their show on the road. They have no idea how a functioning society works. 

Maybe the Portland PD, IcE and union halls were over insured and they will be able to build somewhere else, and get out of that anarchist sh*thole...I hope so anyway 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1