The Angry Violent Left

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Funny how when someone on the right is targeted its humorous and they asked for it. I am surprised it took this long for someone to go after a Supreme Court Justice after the Roe decision was leaked. 

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, nic said:

Funny how when someone on the right is targeted its humorous and they asked for it. I am surprised it took this long for someone to go after a Supreme Court Justice after the Roe decision was leaked. 

Ya, definitely different opinions by people based on their hatred for orange man bad.  

• Fire 1
28 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, definitely different opinions by people based on their hatred for orange man bad.  

This exceeds one's hatred of the Orange Man.   The pending abortion ruling is much bigger than one president or one SC justice.  It is a hatred of a class of life - the unborn that 'get in the way of 'reproductive freedom'.  

41 minutes ago, nic said:

Yes, kind of reminds me of the movie Pelican Brief.   Only in that case, liberal justice killed by big bad oil executives.  Whoever released the draft to the press, placed others in danger of someone doing the unthinkable. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
25 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

It is a hatred of a class of life - the unborn that 'get in the way of 'reproductive freedom'.  

It is very easy to be an advocate for the unborn. They ask nothing of you, you can put your thoughts and ideals on them and they won't demur, and you get to feel good about "saving" them for birth... but then walk away. There's also an endless supply, so the cause never runs out of people to save.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, nic said:

what was humorous in your opinion?

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, knapplc said:

It is very easy to be an advocate for the unborn. They ask nothing of you, you can put your thoughts and ideals on them and they won't demur, and you get to feel good about "saving" them for birth... but then walk away. There's also an endless supply, so the cause never runs out of people to save.

Cost nothing isn’t correct. If one supports pro life crises pregnancy centers and other outreaches that assist mother and the unborn and also both after birth there is indeed a cost behind the passion. Most prolife people don’t support prolife causes because it makes them feel good- that would be a cheap self serving attitude. They help because it is the right thing to do and it is consistent with the belief that all life is God given and valuable and worthy of respect- including the developing life in the womb as well as the woman who is carrying that life

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Cost nothing isn’t correct. If one supports pro life crises pregnancy centers and other outreaches that assist mother and the unborn and also both after birth there is indeed a cost behind the passion. Most prolife people don’t support prolife causes because it makes them feel good- that would be a cheap self serving attitude. They help because it is the right thing to do and it is consistent with the belief that all life is God given and valuable and worthy of respect- including the developing life in the womb as well as the woman who is carrying that life

Have you ever swatted a fly?

21 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

You, obviously, are the exception to the pro-life movement. Your intent and efforts are admirable, and I think you know that when I denounce "pro life" it's not the effort you put forth. Just like when I champion "pro choice" you know I'm never endorsing breaking doors or graffiti or (holy crap!) fire-bombing pro-life places.

The problem is that those two movements have taken on political lives beyond our control.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Maybe people think his sudden concern for public safety is humorous :dunno

That’s still BS. 20 plus years ago a conservative friend was very active in anti abortion protests and very outspoken against abortion in all cases. There was a shooting at an abortion clinic at the time. Some nut job lost it and shot some doctors, workers and maybe patients at the clinic. I don’t remember all the details. I think it was in the south. Anyway, this friend said he condemned the shooting and then turned around and said he understood how someone could get to that point. I called BS then too, and he became less of friend that day. This crap is never justified or funny. I bet there are people out there hoping for a Supreme to get knocked off, just so Biden will have another pick. I am sure people on the right have felt the same way when they had control of the nomination process. It’s what we have become and it’s sad.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, nic said:

That’s still BS. 20 plus years ago a conservative friend was very active in anti abortion protests and very outspoken against abortion in all cases. There was a shooting at an abortion clinic at the time. Some nut job lost it and shot some doctors, workers and maybe patients at the clinic. I don’t remember all the details. I think it was in the south. Anyway, this friend said he condemned the shooting and then turned around and said he understood how someone could get to that point. I called BS then too, and he became less of friend that day. This crap is never justified or funny. I bet there are people out there hoping for a Supreme to get knocked off, just so Biden will have another pick. I am sure people on the right have felt the same way when they had control of the nomination process. It’s what we have become and it’s sad.

So much projecting here. 

• Plus1 2