The Angry Violent Left

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Actually....no.

I'm pro life and I don't believe Roe vs Wade should be overturned.

I believe we should be putting all our efforts in making abortion not needed....instead of making a criminal out of women and doctors.

Abortion isn't needed.

It is a choice.  

You don't NEED to go to an abortion clinic.  It is a choice.  I gave the examples above, which you clearly agree with.

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I realize this was precipitated by the statement that “all life is God given and valuable and worthy”, but man….did you really intend to compare aborting a human life with swatting a fly? Seems a bit over the top.

Comparing doesn't mean the same thing as equating, which isn't what he was doing.

But it does bring up a compelling lane of thinking. It's obvious that a fetus is "life". Nobody denies that. The "if we found unique DNA on Mars we would celebrate finding life on another planet!" argument is....true, but a red herring because nobody is arguing that it isn't life.

The conversation rests solely in when and why do we start to value that life, because we kill alive things all the time. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Comparing doesn't mean the same thing as equating, which isn't what he was doing.

But it does bring up a compelling lane of thinking. It's obvious that a fetus is "life". Nobody denies that. The "if we found unique DNA on Mars we would celebrate finding life on another planet!" argument is....true, but a red herring because nobody is arguing that it isn't life.

The conversation rests solely in when and why do we start to value that life, because we kill alive things all the time. 

I didn’t want to start some deep philosophical tangent. It just struck me as a bit callous. Flies and mosquitoes should probably not be used to make any point in an abortion discussion.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I didn’t want to start some deep philosophical tangent. It just struck me as a bit callous. Flies and mosquitoes should probably not be used to make any point in an abortion discussion.

giphy.gif

I think starting on the ends and then working to the middle is a good way to figure out where we collectively start and stop valuing life haha

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

giphy.gif

I was intentionally hyperbolic just as @TGHusker was when he said “all life” as you mentioned.

but it does bring up a philosophical discussion of what “life” matters and under what circumstances.

if I have a bee in my garden, I admire and let it live.  If it’s in my car and my kids are freaking out, it’s dead!

There is inarguably different levels of “life” when it comes to human reproduction.  The morning after pill prevents a pregnancy but is in the crosshairs of some “pro-life” people.  A fly is a much more complicated organism than the newly fertilized egg.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I was intentionally hyperbolic just as @TGHusker was when he said “all life” as you mentioned.

but it does bring up a philosophical discussion of what “life” matters and under what circumstances.

if I have a bee in my garden, I admire and let it live.  If it’s in my car and my kids are freaking out, it’s dead!

There is inarguably different levels of “life” when it comes to human reproduction.  The morning after pill prevents a pregnancy but is in the crosshairs of some “pro-life” people.  A fly is a much more complicated organism than the newly fertilized egg.

I don’t really disagree but a human fetus, at any stage, stands a chance of actually becoming something. A fly, no matter how complicated an organism, is only going to be a pest or possibly food for another life form.

And this isn’t an anti-abortion spiel. I think and want RvW to remain in place. I don’t personally like the idea of many abortions and would rather it wasn’t used as birth control but I also feel it is a necessary choice a person should have. I’m perfectly content letting that person and God (or whatever entity) settle it up when that time comes (if ever). It isn’t my job to judge. I would like to see 3rd trimester abortions banned unless for the mother’s health.

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

giphy.gif

Most reasonable people would agree with you 

• Thanks 1

Isn’t there a law against intimidation of judges? Interesting that the group noted how the protest at the judges house moved the needle so they need to keep it up.

They wrote, "Falls Church is a People of Praise stronghold. She sends her seven kids to a People of Praise school that she sat on the Board of Directors for. She attends church DAILY."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ruth-sent-us-targeting-supreme-court-barrett-church

• Fire 1

I want to have a beer with guy. A liberal with common sense and he seems consistent. Bill Maher comments on they coverage of the Kavanaugh moderate attempt. Could go in the media bias thread too.

“The New York Times buried this," Maher said. "If this had been a liberal Supreme Court Justice that someone came to kill, it would have been on the front page."

"And that's what's so disappointing about a paper like The New York Times because they just wear their bias on their sleeves, and if it's not part of something that feeds our narrative, f--- it, we bury it," Maher added. 

• Thanks 3
7 hours ago, nic said:

I want to have a beer with guy. A liberal with common sense and he seems consistent. Bill Maher comments on they coverage of the Kavanaugh moderate attempt. Could go in the media bias thread too.

“The New York Times buried this," Maher said. "If this had been a liberal Supreme Court Justice that someone came to kill, it would have been on the front page."

"And that's what's so disappointing about a paper like The New York Times because they just wear their bias on their sleeves, and if it's not part of something that feeds our narrative, f--- it, we bury it," Maher added. 

Ha...I did not even know it happened.  A guy I work with mentioned it to me.

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

100% for real.

He told me the dude was in his car, gunned up, saw cops at the house and called and snitched in himself.

Obviously a few fries short of a happy meal. Idiot could’ve just turned around and gone home. People amaze me.

9 hours ago, nic said:

A little off topic but exactly when did Maher flip from insufferable libtard jackwagon to insufferable righty jackwagon?

Probably just in search of an audience and ratings but that kind of change would indicate mental disease and/or a real lack of values.

• Plus1 2