Very disappointing...

On 1/2/2021 at 12:16 PM, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I currently coach at a HS with one of the top WRs for the c/o 2022, a 4* rated in the top 10 WRs in the country. He knows what a huge Nebraska fan I am and I've often spoken with him about the program, and I know for a fact that he had some legit interest. Before the season, and during the season, I reached out to various members of the Nebraska coaching staff, sent them film, etc. As the season progressed, the kid asked me a few times, "When am I gonna hear from Nebraska, coach?" Yet not one time did anyone from Nebraska reach out to me, nor him. I see now that he's released his Top 10, and of course Nebraska isn't included, because they never made an offer. It's obviously very disappointing, because we all know our situation with WRs, and here you have a golden opportunity to at least offer the kid and try to land him, and you don't do it. I just don't get it.

That's really poor....

It's one thing to reply that they're too busy to review at this time, or even that they've reviewed and they don't think he's a good fit....but to not reply at all is really bad manners and smells of a culture of arrogance. 

If I judged the timing right, he's from pretty far away. But we have offers out to receivers across the country, so that's probably not a factor. I'm assuming the OP had a reason for not just throwing it out there so I won't say more (and could be wrong), but "top-10 2022 receiver who recently released his top-10 schools" isn't exactly protecting anonymity very well.

• 11 months later...