***The Nebraska Defense - Blackshirts 2021***

16 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Can we just take a second and appreciate Reimer? This kid is a walk on Sophmore and has been one of our best players all year long. Walk on program has produced thus far.

Pretty sure Reimers been on scholly since the beginning of last year. But we must of had a heck of a pitch to get him to NU as he was going to SDSU on scholly before he decided to walk on.

We have a lot of super seniors, but that means we have time for young ones to grow. This defense could turn into a monster over the next 2-5 yrs. 

a lot of talent we recruited hasn’t had to play yet, hopefully we unleash those beasts moving forward 

But right now, I think our defense is f’ing competing hard, and it’s damn fun to watch. 

Very sad situation and there are a lot more important things than football. If he needs to be with his family, then that’s where he needs to be. 

That said, if he is not there, I wonder how the defensive staff will adjust. Who steps in as DC?  Ruud?  I’m suggesting him because I think he’s a good coach…and, I would think the middle linebacker position would understand more of the entire defense. 

Thoughts?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
22 hours ago, Mavric said:

It's kind of an unusual award, as nominees can be anyone with any sort of involvement in college football who has a military background. Jackson is the only one of the five finalists who is a current player. The others are two coaches, a chancellor, and the founder of an organization that gives scholarships to veterans.

https://www.armedforcesbowl.com/media/armed-forces-merit-award-2021-finalists-revealed

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Very sad situation and there are a lot more important things than football. If he needs to be with his family, then that’s where he needs to be. 

That said, if he is not there, I wonder how the defensive staff will adjust. Who steps in as DC?  Ruud?  I’m suggesting him because I think he’s a good coach…and, I would think the middle linebacker position would understand more of the entire defense. 

Thoughts?

I was wondering this very same thing BRB.  Ruud was the first person that came to mind for me as well but I honestly have no idea just exactly this will play out should Chinander not make the trip to Minnesota which honestly I don't/wouldn't expect him to.

44 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I'm glad he's going to be there, but would fully understand if he wasn't.

Honestly, if it were me, I would probably coach.  What else are you going to do?  The tragedy is done.  I'm the type of person that would rather get something on my mind than thinking about it.  Then, we have a week off so he can concentrate on family and the funeral.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

His major issues this year have been from gambling. One play was when we pinned NW deep, on third down they ran stick curls and Cam was a step slow on jumping the route (felt like he was indecisive on jumping or not) and gave up a first down. Against MU was the first game where he played in the system the entire game. Both he and Newsome have been good all year, just disappointed the D as a whole has had issues causing turnovers.

• Plus1 1