Media Bias

I'm getting a chuckle out of this.  

I've been told Tapper is a liberal hack.

Meanwhile, he criticized Obama when hew as President. 

He criticized Trump when he was President and MAGA heads hated him for it.

Now, he's criticizing Biden and he's catching a lot of flack over it.

But...hey...he's a liberal hack.  Seems to me that he's doing his job.

• Plus1 1

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm getting a chuckle out of this.  

I've been told Tapper is a liberal hack.

Meanwhile, he criticized Obama when hew as President. 

He criticized Trump when he was President and MAGA heads hated him for it.

Now, he's criticizing Biden and he's catching a lot of flack over it.

But...hey...he's a liberal hack.  Seems to me that he's doing his job.

He is a liberal hack as noted by his history in politics and reporting history.  He’s just a little less of a hack than the rest.  

Tapper quite tweeting a twitter rando with 200 followers is gold.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

He is a liberal hack as noted by his history in politics and reporting history.  He’s just a little less of a hack than the rest.  

Tapper quite tweeting a twitter rando with 200 followers is gold.   

LOL...no.

That's just an example.  He's been catching a lot of flack from lots of people who thought he was going to do the love fest for Biden.

• 1 month later...

F’ing disgusting work by this news crew.  And over a $10 donation they basically try and get the guy fired or disciplined!   how does Twitter not block this reporter from tweeting since the information came from a hack which is what Twitter used to justify banning other accounts? 

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

F’ing disgusting work by this news crew.  And over a $10 donation they basically try and get the guy fired or disciplined!   how does Twitter not block this reporter from tweeting since the information came from a hack which is what Twitter used to justify banning other accounts? 

Why they think this story would even be newsworthy?  Is Utah that boring?

Some folks in the media need to start calling this s#!t out.   Maybe a bunch of folks can go bother this “reporter” at his home.  

• Plus1 2
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I can see why some would look at those headlines and question biases.

In the NYT's defense, those headlines are reflective of the stories. Trump's proposal was a $4.4 trillion budget that was projected to add $7 trillion to the debt over the next 10 years. Biden's is a $6 trillion dollar budget projected to add $1.3 trillion to the deficit over the next 10 years. If the respective budgets had correlative strategies, expenses and monetary values, but disparate headlines, I'd call foul too. But, they don't.

Not to mention that one of those presidents represented a political party that has long touted itself as the more fiscally conservative/responsible of the two, despite repeated actions to the contrary. Look no further than the corporate tax cut that was supposed to be "rocket fuel" for the economy and that they would 'largely pay for themselves,' and instead have largely been an abject failure for what they were claimed to be intended to do.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Enhance said:

Look no further than the corporate tax cut that was supposed to be "rocket fuel" for the economy and that they would 'largely pay for themselves,' and instead have largely been an abject failure for what they were claimed to be intended to do.

I disagree with this statement.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/24/oped-trumps-tax-cut-isnt-to-blame-for-washingtons-rising-deficits.html

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I actually read the same articles from right wing and left wing media organizations just for kicks. The experiment has been interesting. Anyone that says the media isn't bias on both sides is fooling themselves. 

• Plus1 2
45 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Most of the promises Trump and top Republican leaders made about the 2017 tax cuts did not come true.

Another op-ed criticism.

Another story about the flop.

Perhaps the two biggest claims during that time period were that the tax cuts would "pay for themselves" and usher in a 3% GDP growth. Neither of those happened. And the deficit ultimately continued to soar, something GOP leaders explicitly insisted the tax cuts would address.

The op-ed you linked is trying to argue that increasing tax revenues made the policy a success. If that was the only goal and the only talking point, he'd be correct, but it wasn't.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

And the deficit ultimately continued to soar,

The deficit is a byproduct of the insane amount of spending by all parties.  The tax cuts increased government revenue and if not for COVID record revenue would have continued into FY2021/2022

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The deficit is a byproduct of the insane amount of spending by all parties.  The tax cuts increased government revenue and if not for COVID record revenue would have continued into FY2021/2022

Neither of these platitudes provide justification for disagreeing with my statement above, nor do they provide compelling arguments against the supplemental evidence I provided for my above opinion.

Perhaps the two biggest guarantees from Trump and top Republicans regarding their tax cuts were:

- improving the deficit

- usher in 3% GDP growth

Neither of those things happened. What did happen was increased revenue. Is increased revenue a success? Yes. Did that make their policy a success? No; at least, not based on the objectives they themselves outlined as what would constitute success. The policy failure was evident prior to COVID. If increased revenue was their only goal, then that'd be one thing. But, it wasn't. They pumped up several major goals they wanted to accomplish through their tax cuts and most of what they promised didn't happen. No real way to slice it otherwise.

• Plus1 1