Media Bias

• 4 weeks later...

Lauren Wolfe, the former freelance editor who was fired by The New York Times over a pro-Biden tweet, defended her open political stance in a recent op-ed titled, "I’m a Biased Journalist and I’m Okay With That."

Wolfe was ousted by the Times after she celebrated the arrival of then-President-elect Joe Biden at Joint Base Andrews ahead of his inauguration, writing "I have chills."

Published on Friday in Washington Monthly, Wolfe argued that "being fair and having [a] point of view aren't incompatible" and that journalists "shouldn’t have to disguise or suppress their views."

They don't suppress them. not sure she should have been fired for this...I mean Chris Mathews got chills up his leg from President Obama and he survived. It took the Me Too movement to get rid of him. The media fawning over a politician is nothing  new. Kudos to her coming out and admitting that the media is bias.

• Plus1 3

I wasn’t sure where to post this. Since it’s the Times I put it here. Cubans protesting, and shouting ‘freedom’ and other anti government slogans. Strange way to phrase it. <_< I heard...not sure if true, the Cuban government has now shut down the internet.  I wonder if Twitter will complain like they did when African countries shut it down? If anyone finds out, let me know. This could be telling.

Shouting “Freedom” and other anti-government slogans, hundreds of Cubans took to the streets in cities around the country on Sunday to protest food and medicine shortages, in a remarkable eruption of discontent not seen in nearly 30 years.

A man being arrested during a demonstration against the Cuban  government on Sunday in Havana.
  • Plus1 2
  • 1 month later...

5 hours ago, nic said:

It’s stuff like this that makes me disgusted with the media. I don’t know this guy much, but this stinks of the Uncle Scott trend on Twitter. Face of white supremacy?   I hope he wins now, just out of spite. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-08-20/recall-candidate-larry-elder-is-a-threat-to-black-californians

Latimes is about as left wing media as you can get.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Somewhere on this board there was a few comments about Gutfeld and his new show. I cannot remember where, so I figured I would post this here. Apparently he is the new king of late night. Bill Maher had the following comments about it and I have to say he makes some good points about the left. How long before Maher gets cancelled? I think he is trying to warn the left they have gone too far.

“There's a new king of late night and his name is Greg Gutfeld," Maher kicked off his show's panel discussion Friday night, pointing to a recent headline from Newsweek that read, "Greg Gutfeld is King of Late Night as His Fox News Show Beats Colbert, Kimmel, Fallon."

"Fox News found a good thing," Maher told the panel. "They can make fun of liberals and they are doing it to great success."

The liberal comedian offered his philosophy on why "conservative comedy" hasn't existed … until now. 

"I've been asked over the years many times, 'Why isn't there a conservative comedy?' And I would always give the answer, which I think was the true answer, ‘There’s not good fodder for it,'" Maher said.

"You know, the liberals aren't crazy. This was my answer for many years. …  Now, I don't think it's the same situation," he continued. "I keep saying to the liberals, ‘If what you’re saying sounds like an Onion headline, stop.' And that's why – this is why there's an opening for conservative comedy. Because when you tear down statues of Abraham Lincoln in the Land of Lincoln, 'Land of Lincoln cancels Lincoln,' it's an Onion headline. 

"You know, 'Three-year-olds pick their own gender' is an Onion headline. You know, a lot of this stuff that's going on the left now, it's, you know, ‘Seattle votes to decriminalize crime.’ Now, the problem is that they don't know how to do comedy, but if they found someone who did, they could … Because comedy goes where the funny is. And there is funny on the left now as well as the right." 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 8/25/2021 at 4:32 AM, Archy1221 said:

Latimes is about as left wing media as you can get.  

I heard this comment about Newsome and Elder from Greg Ellis which I thought was funny...
“ so you are telling me the white man is saying that the black man is the blackface of white supremacy” 

I think Bill Maher would say this sounds like it’s from the Onion.

Apparently the entire recall is based on racism now. Not that Newsome is a hypocrite and Cali is going downhill.  

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-09-01/recall-california-conservative-narrative-hellscape

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What are they even implying the picture is showing. If you have overdosed or shot, you aren’t going to be casually standing in line like that. 

In August….in Oklahoma…..with coats on. 

It’s amazing how many other media orgs glammed onto the story without an ounce of fact checking first.  

• Plus1 4