Media Bias

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You must have missed the CNN segment two days later after the misunderstanding was confirmed to be untrue 

Fair enough. I'll post what CNN ran 24 hours after the story broke.  Took me :10 to find and I'll never get that time back. 

You go next, Mr. Lazybones.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/09/sport/colorado-rockies-baseball-racial-slur/index.html

5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Fair enough. I'll post what CNN ran 24 hours after the story broke.  Took me :10 to find and I'll never get that time back. 

You go next, Mr. Lazybones.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/09/sport/colorado-rockies-baseball-racial-slur/index.html

Your only looking into online stories.  Were you aware they had a 24 he news channel and those time slot anchors need to fill all 24 hours?  

So when said anchors spend 10-20 minutes of their hr time slot for 2 days covering the “racism” in baseball, then find out the story is not true and spend 2 minutes tell their viewers that “it’s hard to tell but the fan may be saying Dinger” but then continue on with a segment how that leads into a greater story of how black players face racism overall.  Then another segment the next day bringing up the original story and stating how black baseball players still face racists fans to keep the racism narrative going. 

Now, compare that to the time given the Larry Elder story.  Keep California dreaming that there is no bias in media orgs that claim to be straight down the middle.  

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Hell buster boy, I’ve asked you at least three or times to show your work and your stars are response is you don’t have time to look through things to find it.  :leghump:

And when I ask you the same, you tell me to go use google. 

Your act here is getting old and is noticed by many. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Your only looking into online stories.  Were you aware they had a 24 he news channel and those time slot anchors need to fill all 24 hours?  

So when said anchors spend 10-20 minutes of their hr time slot for 2 days covering the “racism” in baseball, then find out the story is not true and spend 2 minutes tell their viewers that “it’s hard to tell but the fan may be saying Dinger” but then continue on with a segment how that leads into a greater story of how black players face racism overall.  Then another segment the next day bringing up the original story and stating how black baseball players still face racists fans to keep the racism narrative going. 

Now, compare that to the time given the Larry Elder story.  Keep California dreaming that there is no bias in media orgs that claim to be straight down the middle.  

Gosh, now you're asking me to trust your perception of what people said, when exactly they said, it,  how long they talked about it, and how it compares to other stories, while confessing your narrative agenda and ignoring straight up facts that people are putting under your nose. 

Pass. 

I don't think there's a single person on this thread claiming there's no media bias. But you gotta admit the whiny victimhood of the loudmouth right is hilarious. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Correct.  Major liberal media orgs have no issue spending days upon days discussing, dissecting, and discussing more any hint of racism pointed toward the side they are against, but when a story comes out about a Black Republican, well like you said, they choose it to not be newsworthy. 

...and? 

Major conservative media orgs have no issue spending days upon days discussing, dissecting, and discussing more bulls#!t nothing burgers such as The War on Christmas™‬, immigrant caravans, fearmongering about how the election was stolen, and Obama's birth certificate. 

Liberal media has a liberal bias? WHAT?!?!?! No way. Gosh I thought they were objective, fair, impartial and had no special interests other than informing us :(:(:(

24 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

...and? 

Major conservative media orgs have no issue spending days upon days discussing, dissecting, and discussing more bulls#!t nothing burgers such as The War on Christmas™‬, immigrant caravans, fearmongering about how the election was stolen, and Obama's birth certificate. 

Liberal media has a liberal bias? WHAT?!?!?! No way. Gosh I thought they were objective, fair, impartial and had no special interests other than informing us :(:(:(

What’s entertaining about this is me and you are in agreement that there is media bias.  However, when I point it out on the left, I have four or five people claiming it’s not true.  Those wizards of smart would agree with you and disagree with me at the same exact time on the exact same point. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

What’s entertaining about this is me and you are in agreement that there is media bias.  However, when I point it out on the left, I have four or five people claiming it’s not true.  Those wizards of smart would agree with you and disagree with me at the same exact time on the exact same point. 

And when others point it out on the right, they have four or five people (you among them) claiming it's not true. You're exactly like them (and the media for that matter) in that regard of caring about and focusing on certain things far more than others.

Side note, there's a distinct difference between activism-based bias vs natural ideology-informing bias. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

And when I ask you the same, you tell me to go use google. 

Your act here is getting old and is noticed by many. 

I admit that I did say that to you awhile ago, and since then I try and show everything people have asked for.  You cannot say the same with the Bulls#!t statements/claims  you pull out.  When called out to back up your claims, you give the same idiotic excuse every time that your not gonna go back and find the information. It’s standard operating procedure for you and quite sad.  Your bulls#!t attacks get  called out and you just move on to the next bulls#!t attack.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I admit that I did say that to you awhile ago, and since then I try and show everything people have asked for.  You cannot say the same with the Bulls#!t statements/claims  you pull out.  When called out to back up your claims, you give the same idiotic excuse every time that your not gonna go back and find the information. It’s standard operating procedure for you and quite sad.  Your bulls#!t attacks get  called out and you just move on to the next bulls#!t attack.  

So, I do what you have done and you call it bull s#!t. Typical. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

And when others point it out on the right, they have four or five people (you among them) claiming it's not true. You're exactly like them (and the media for that matter) in that regard of caring about and focusing on certain things far more than others.

Side note, there's a distinct difference between activism-based bias vs natural ideology-informing bias. 

You probably haven’t noticed that I agree many times over that FoxNews has a slant and bias towards the right.  It’s their wheelhouse.  

So no I won’t actually agree with your assessment.  I’ve had my agreements and disagreements and generally shown my work via links (unless it’s unavailable like a TV segment) so everyone knows why I’m disagreeing. 

side note.  I’m not like the straight news media, because I don’t pretend to be news down the middle with no opinion or agenda.  They do have an opinion and agenda but just don’t admit it.  I know I have an opinion and want to promote an agenda.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I do what you have done and you call it bull s#!t. Typical. 

Difference is you continue to do so and your claims were a specific attack on me by making statements you attributed to me that I asked you to be a big boy and back up those claims and show posts from me making those statements. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1