Media Bias

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Ummm…Hunter’s laptop and drug problem were discussed almost nightly on the top cable shows.

Only on right wing cable news shows. The others burried it until late November. 

I am sure Fox did the same for bad news related to Trump. 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Ummm…Hunter’s laptop and drug problem were discussed almost nightly on the top cable shows.

Going by pure recollection here, but I thought it was right leaning media put effort into speaking about it, right wing media like Hannity pounded away at it, and leafy leaning media basically said ya this story is out there but it’s not verified and we ain’t looking into it.  

• Fire 1

On 9/24/2021 at 9:23 AM, DevoHusker said:

"The media" lied to us?

So what is the truth in all of this?

Was the Steele Dossier debunked?

Did trump collude with Russia?

Did Hillary collude with Russia?

What is this other than a vague smear at "the media?"

Because - and this is the hilarious part - you're doing what you claim redux said happens to sources you don't like: you're perpetuating a smear against "the media" by posting this.

Which "media" are we talking about? Which "media" is lying? Which "media" isn't lying?

This isn't some profoundly truthful post, it's vague nonsense about "the media."

What's really happening here is what I've been talking about lately - there's a concerted effort to discredit the establishment. This is part of it.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Going by pure recollection here, but I thought it was right leaning media put effort into speaking about it, right wing media like Hannity pounded away at it, and leafy leaning media basically said ya this story is out there but it’s not verified and we ain’t looking into it.  

So “right leaning” media doesn’t count as “media”?

Good to know I guess…

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

“Leafy” :rollin

Is this a Freudian slip that one “side” cares about the environment when the other doesn’t?

Why are some people on here discounting that Ken Vogel, a prominent left leaning journalist, is saying the media has done a terrible job looking into things like the Hunter Biden story among others during the Obama Admin while also acting like the Trump family wasn’t looked into for two straight years by Congress during the Russia investigation:dunno

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why are some people on here discounting that Ken Vogel, a prominent left leaning journalist, is saying the media has done a terrible job looking into things like the Hunter Biden story among others during the Obama Admin while also acting like the Trump family wasn’t looked into for two straight years by Congress during the Russia investigation:dunno

I'm not discounting it. But I am discounting the opinions of those who have been calling for Hunter to be investigated with hardly a mention of Trump's family being investigated. Trump's family wasn't investigated by the admin anymore than Hunter has been. If we're finally going to investigate the elites for real, then I'm onboard, but let's be sure we're looking at them all without partisan blinders on.

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The NY POST ran the story pre election and social media proceeded to remove it from their platforms and suspend the NY Post account. Coordinated effort to suppress an “October surprise” type story that may have benefited Trump. 

• Thanks 2
54 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why are the people insisting we need to dig into Hunter Biden the same who were telling us there was "no there there" when we wanted to investigate the trump kids?

Exactly. The media suppresses or downplays stories that do not fit their political  agenda. I assume FOX did the same for whatever came up about the Trump kids.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1