Media Bias

4 hours ago, nic said:

I don’t watch Tucker, but from what info I do see, he seems to have gone off the deep end.

Don't be so naive. He hasn't gone off the deep end at all, he knows who his base is and he caters to what they want to hear. 

He hasn't even changed much in the last 4-8 years, it's the populace that consumes Fox News that has changed. 

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, nic said:

I don’t watch Tucker, but from what info I do see, he seems to have gone off the deep end. He also seems to be the favorite target of CNN. I think they write about him almost as much as Trump. I am not sure if that is free advertising or just to fire people up. I wouldn’t expect CNN readers to watch his show.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2021/10/28/tucker-carlson-fox-nation-series-insurrection-orig.cnn-business

Fox News is going to air Tucker Carlson's baseless claims about the single greatest domestic assault on our democracy since the Civil War as a false flag but the MSM is at fault for reporting on his role, and the role of Fox News, in the destruction of said democracy.  Got it.  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Fox News is going to air Tucker Carlson's baseless claims about the single greatest domestic assault on our democracy since the Civil War as a false flag but the MSM is at fault for reporting on his role, and the role of Fox News, in the destruction of said democracy.  Got it.  

Ha, you nailed it.

The other important detail @nic might not be aware of is that Tucker Carlson (and Fox News in general) is by far the most watched cable news show in the country, by a considerable margin. The reason we should be critical of Tucker Carlson is because he influences the opinions of millions each night. 

• Plus1 3

14 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Don't be so naive. He hasn't gone off the deep end at all, he knows who his base is and he caters to what they want to hear. 

He hasn't even changed much in the last 4-8 years, it's the populace that consumes Fox News that has changed. 

Didn't he come from CNN not long ago? Maybe it was MSNBC. I do not remember how long he has been on FOX. As far as FOX viewers go, many left for Newmax. I have never watched Newsmax, but they seem like a conspiracy theory news org...way to right of FOX.

• Plus1 1

Addressing a few comments here. I don't care whether CNN addresses FOX news, but I would rather read about other stories. my point is that CNN is preaching to the choir. I think most people who read about FOX on CNN have already chosen not to watch FOX.

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Good point. 

Why did Covie say he’s never seen the media interview a black parent about CRT, etc. He is not watching all of the media. I have seen online videos of black parents complaining about how their kids are being taught race and separated in schools....Or Latino parents, Asian parents. It’s probably a low percent specifically with black parents, but it might be 20% non white. Watch some of speakers at the school board meetings. I think FOX tries to even highlight when it’s a non white parent...of course they would.

Since education was a major issue in Virginia, I am curious what percentage of blacks voted for the Republican candidate. That might be more telling.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, nic said:

Why did Covie say he’s never seen the media interview a black parent about CRT, etc. He is not watching all of the media. I have seen online videos of black parents complaining about how their kids are being taught race and separated in schools....Or Latino parents, Asian parents. It’s probably a low percent specifically with black parents, but it might be 20% non white. Watch some of speakers at the school board meetings. I think FOX tries to even highlight when it’s a non white parent...of course they would.

Since education was a major issue in Virginia, I am curious what percentage of blacks voted for the Republican candidate. That might be more telling.

Can you show some examples of that? 

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I can yes. It will take a bit to find the videos. It’s been a couple weeks now since I watched them. Maybe if you branch out more in media you read you might see it.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

Caught some of the ole Fox News on in a patient's room at work today.

Given, it was midday stuff but it was a the same braindead idiots offering up the same silly, incorrect takes on the elections yesterday. Boy they had a field day with it though!

Don't watch cable news, friends. Fire Fox News in particular into the sun.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Here you go. This took about 10 minutes once a started looking.

I found 6. Listed the first 4 below since they embedded easier. I think I remember the parent on the bottom. There was also a dad with his little girl I want to find.

• Plus1 2