Media Bias

20 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If Kyle was black and merely strapped that weapon on, he would have been shot dead by police in that given situation.

I mean, they shoot black 12 year olds with toy guns.

If merely arrested, Black Rittenhouse would be the poster boy for a right wing chorus about the violent unhinged Left and demanding the harshest sentence possible. 

There is no nuance in this verdict, no appropriately-measured consequence. It's a white supremacist wet dream. 

And that f#&%ing judge. Jesus H. Christ.........

And now comes the plea for outraged people to stay cool. 

Then again, apparently it's okay to bring an AR-15 to a tense mob scene to deliver "protection" however you see fit. Should be fun. 

I don’t remember all the details. We’re police present when all this went down? Did any see this kid running around with an AR? It seems like they would have stopped and disarmed him at the least. It baffles me that he was even there, and I agree there should be some consequences. I think the prosecution screwed up. 

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, knapplc said:

And because Republicans like to conflate the dossier's failings with TFG innocence. 

What’s TFG? Trump? I don’t think he’s smart enough to collude with the Russians. I do remember his kid and campaign people getting suckered into a meeting with some Russian women claiming to have dirt on Hillary. 

1 minute ago, nic said:

I don’t think he’s smart enough to collude with the Russians.

Please. This takes zero mental effort, and half a second of googling.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/18/us/politics/senate-intelligence-russian-interference-report.html

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/connections-trump-putin-russia-ties-chart-flynn-page-manafort-sessions-214868/

https://swalwell.house.gov/issues/russia-trump-his-administration-s-ties

It beggars belief that anyone who wants to be taken seriously in political discussions would so blithely dismiss known facts.

If you don't know, it's because you don't want to know. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, Archy1221 said:

:lol:And that shows Trump or the Trump campaign was involved how exactly??  People are really really really trying to reach on this one now:facepalm:

Why are you so eager to defend trump? Hasn't he shamed your party enough? Seems odd for someone who claims to not be a supporter...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Fru said:

After seeing some of the buffoonery of the prosecution, it was evident that it was going to end this way. I thought they might get him on the reckless endangerment charge though. 

Do I understand the rationale for the verdict? Yes. Do I have trouble with it because Kyle willingly inserted himself into the situation by needlessly running around a riotous situation with a weapon? Also yes. I keep coming back to these thoughts… 

If Kyle stays home and plays video games that night, no one gets shot by him, and he’s not on trial.

If Kyle goes to Kenosha to help clean or whatever, but without a weapon, does he get accosted for being perceived as a threat or a mass shooter? Probably not. 

Kyle’s choices led to this and to not see him bear any semblance of responsibility is deeply troubling. 

Couldn’t the same thing be said for the rioters….umm I mean “peaceful” protestors? If they weren’t there rioting burning the community up nothing would’ve happened. 

Couldn’t the same thing be said for the POS’s that assaulted Kyle and tried grabbing his gun while pointed their weapon at Kyle? Had they not chased after him, assaulted him with their legs and skateboard while trying to disarm Kyle while pointing a gun at him as we was fleeing toward safety, this wouldn’t have happened. 

It goes both ways

The only reason this went to trial was because of the wide spread coverage CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc of misinformation of said incident. The misinformation of supposedly facts the lame stream media fed the nation which most of the left gobbled up turned out to be lies when presented in court.

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why are you so eager to spread lies.  That would be the more pertinent question for everyone:dunno

Cause that’s what the left does

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Kyle Rittenhouse willingly inserted himself into a violent situation and was prepared for the violence, but people are rarely tried in court for being an idiot. And by the law, I'm not at all surprised Rittenhouse was found not guilty. In fact, I anticipated this would be the case for sometime.

The prosecution bumbled there way through parts of this. Not a great performance on their part. People are making a big deal of the weapons charge being dismissed but again, by the law, the judge didn't make an objectively wrong decision.

I'm just disappointed, really. None of it should've happened. The only solace I take is that I hope the last 18 months have taught Rittenhouse something of morality and the value of life. That the last year or so he has spent fearing a life in prison has made him into a better person that'll think again before acting like a child soldier with a gun.

• Plus1 1