Media Bias

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Looks like the media has been activated to try and smear what many believe to be GOP presidential front runner in 2024 with lies. Unfortunate but expected. 

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/desantis-predicted-the-media-would-use-nazis-to-smear-him-rachel-maddow-just-proved-him-right/

Both DeSantis and Maddow look like jackasses. This kind of garbage is far too predictable from the left and right.

The left wants a clear, immediate, and definitive statement from DeSantis i.e. "Yes, I condemn Nazi groups attacking citizens in our streets" and w/e else they want him to say. Him failing to provide it in the timeline and verbiage they want makes him, in their eyes, complicit in the behavior. So, they lose their s#!t and paint him is a buffoon, even though that's not how everything happened.

Conversely, DeSantis acts either intentionally or unintentionally obtuse in all this. His first goal in his remarks is to attack Democrats and focus on the whataboutisms of his opponents. Then he calls this group of agitators "jackasses," but he never explicitly addresses the core issue. He kind of sidesteps it. Instead, he only focuses on the fact they were breaking laws in the street and that police would handle it. So, yeah... Ron... you're kind of ignoring the elephant in the room here. It shouldn't be that hard.

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Both DeSantis and Maddow look like jackasses. This kind of garbage is far too predictable from the left and right.

The left wants a clear, immediate, and definitive statement from DeSantis i.e. "Yes, I condemn Nazi groups attacking citizens in our streets" and w/e else they want him to say. Him failing to provide it in the timeline and verbiage they want makes him, in their eyes, complicit in the behavior. So, they lose their s#!t and paint him is a buffoon, even though that's not how everything happened.

Conversely, DeSantis acts either intentionally or unintentionally obtuse in all this. His first goal in his remarks is to attack Democrats and focus on the whataboutisms of his opponents. Then he calls this group of agitators "jackasses," but he never explicitly addresses the core issue. He kind of sidesteps it. Instead, he only focuses on the fact they were breaking laws in the street and that police would handle it. So, yeah..

. Ron... you're kind of ignoring the elephant in the room here. It shouldn't be that hard.

Why does DeSantis need any sort of timeline to condemn Nazis? Why does anyone? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 6
11 hours ago, Enhance said:

I think the obvious answer is he should come out right away and, in no ambiguous manner, condemn the group and their actions. I'm not defending DeSantis. If he did what he should have done then Maddow doesn't do what she did.

Why does someone constantly have to say it though?  It’s been condemned before and his thoughts are known.   It also seems to be a rag tag small group of idiots so at some point why even give them oxygen?  

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why does someone constantly have to say it though?  It’s been condemned before and his thoughts are known.   It also seems to be a rag tag small group of idiots so at some point why even give them oxygen?  

I think every elected official just needs to face the following questions after being sworn in:

1. Are Nazis bad?

2. Are you disgusted by racists?

3. What's your favorite color?

Get them on record!

23 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I think every elected official just needs to face the following questions after being sworn in:

1. Are Nazis bad?

2. Are you disgusted by racists?

3. What's your favorite color?

Get them on record!

And once their on record, do we really need to keep asking?

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

IMO to the bolded, because that's what elected leaders are supposed to do and should do.

For example, I know any U.S. president would condemn a mass school shooting, but that doesn't mean they should wait two days to say anything about it while their PR people are on Twitter like "but do we even know if there was a gunman?"

But also because people like DeSantis are often slow to condemn white supremacists while being quick to freak out about faux problems like CRT being taught in public schools. It's just weird.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

We start to learn that the denials mean nothing. 

You can find clips of Donald Trump repudiating racism and racist groups, but there he is in a national television debate giving the shout for the Proud Boys to "stand back and stand by" and then when the Proud Boys do in fact show up to help lead a violent insurrection on his behalf, Trump says "we love you. Your're beautiful. Go home."

Condemned? Really?

And no matter what some of these GOP leaders and Fox personalities say in prepared statements, the most overt white supremacist organizations believe they are speaking their language. Because they are. 

The NFL paid a collusion lawsuit to Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid and fell all over itself to spread BLM messaging across its platforms, but in a sport with 70% minority players, it continues to have one Black coach and zero Black owners. And get this: in 2021 it came out that the NFL was paying out less to Black players with brain injury claims based on the belief that Blacks have less intellectual capacity to lose. Let that sink in. Then don't even dream of telling me systemic racism in the U.S. is no longer a thing.  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Enhance said:

But also because people like DeSantis are often slow to condemn white supremacists while being quick to freak out about faux problems like CRT being taught in public schools. It's just weird.

Are there other examples of this?  

CRT may be a “faux”problem to you but that doesn’t actually make it a faux problem.  

• Plus1 1