Media Bias

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The disinformation campaign is working as planned. Once you get them to stop trusting the news you become the only source they trust.

From then on you can tell them anything you want.  They'll believe it, and they'll even defend you to skeptics. 

It's pretty sad when conservatives only trust Fox, Newsmax and Beitbart.  

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's pretty sad when conservatives only trust Fox, Newsmax and Beitbart.  

And (allegedly) Fox leads with barely 50% of those surveyed trusting them.

Which also leads me to believe that right-wingers lying to pollsters is becoming mainstream. 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The disinformation campaign is working as planned. Once you get them to stop trusting the news you become the only source they trust.

From then on you can tell them anything you want.  They'll believe it, and they'll even defend you to skeptics. 

I would think you would be encouraged by the top down order created by the purple dots (US adults). I assume you don’t consider Republicans adults, anyway. CNN tops Fox!  Newsmax and the OAN channel are near the bottom.

Maybe way more republicans watch the news since Fox supposedly gets more viewers. Does Fox really get more viewers than CBS, ABC and NBC….I never see comparisons, but I guess the traditional broadcasters are not on a 24 hour news cycle so total viewers watching news shows is skewed.

funny how people agree to trust the weather channel given the jokes about keeping that job even when they are wrong half the time.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That chart is terrifying.  FoxNews, Breitbart, and NewsMax are ridiculously partisan.  And those are the only outlets that Republicans actually trust more.  

Democracy is dead when half the population doesn't recognize bulls#!t when they see it.  Sad.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, nic said:

funny how people agree to trust the weather channel given the jokes about keeping that job even when they are wrong half the time.

Yeah, one is forecasting and working with probabilities while the other is just reporting about what already happened. I think those predicting the weather might actually be better at their jobs than those working at most news outlets. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, nic said:

I would think you would be encouraged by the top down order created by the purple dots (US adults). I assume you don’t consider Republicans adults, anyway. CNN tops Fox!  Newsmax and the OAN channel are near the bottom.

Maybe way more republicans watch the news since Fox supposedly gets more viewers. Does Fox really get more viewers than CBS, ABC and NBC….I never see comparisons, but I guess the traditional broadcasters are not on a 24 hour news cycle so total viewers watching news shows is skewed.

More Republicans trust Breitbart more than PBS.  Responsible adults should agree that that is a bad look for republicans. 

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, knapplc said:

Seriously. As the biggest pusher of this story here, surely you must be able to easily explain the fact and the fiction of all of it. 

It can't just be you falling for right wing propaganda. So please explain the salient points of story for us. Thanks!

Hunter Bidens laptop was found with potentially incriminating emails and information suggesting that he may have used his father’s position and influence to make money. The emails were authenticated by the NYPost who reported the story in 2020. The Wash Post has now authenticated the emails in 2022 after initially discounting the story in 2020. Please refer to the Wash Post articles to catch up on the story.

Or better yet, watch your favorite Tucker Carlson show. I am sure he is frothing at the mouth about it with his smug little grin.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, nic said:

Hunter Bidens laptop was found with potentially incriminating emails and information suggesting that he may have used his father’s position and influence to make money. The emails were authenticated by the NYPost who reported the story in 2020. The Wash Post has now authenticated the emails in 2022 after initially discounting the story in 2020. Please refer to the Wash Post articles to catch up on the story.

Do you know what those email say? What was incriminating about them?

Because the Republicans already investigated the rumor of President Biden being influenced, and found nothing. 

So what's the story? 

On 4/4/2022 at 11:36 AM, DevoHusker said:

could go in censorship as well. feel free to move if needed

It shouldn't surprise me that Elon Musk doesn't understand the Free Speech provisions of the 1st Amendment, but it sort of does. 

20 hours ago, knapplc said:

The FBI had the laptop by at least October, 2020. The bloated cheeto was in office four more months, and could have directed them to disclose what they found on the device.

Scary that someone wants the President of the United States to order an Investigating Agency to release damaging info on an ongoing investigation.   

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Scary that someone wants the President of the United States to order an Investigating Agency to release damaging info on an ongoing investigation.   

Show me where I said I "wanted" the bloated cheeto to do that. I said he could - and he's proven he's willing to do illegal things, like getting impeached trying to blackmail a foreign head of state to produce dirt on a political rival.

It's cute that you try to turn this back on me. I'm simply discussing the tactics the guy you voted for has used, and could have used again, if there was any "there" there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, nic said:

This will get some kool-aids, but I continue to read articles from both sides. Yes Fox is bias. I can't help that. I view the left media as bias as well.  And yes, the release of this story was timed on purpose, because NYPost is biased toward the right. It doesn't make the story less true and it doesn't make the left media reaction to it correct. I know you think CNN and others are not bias but your wrong. There is nothing about them that gives them the moral high ground. They are just as much bastions of group think just like fox. Twitter pulled the NYPost story from their platform and I believe temporarily pulled their account. I guess they got that one wrong.

Just remember that the article you were asked to read that was written by Philip Bump says that the author still doesn’t know if the laptop is Russian disinformation.    The Intelligence Agency’s has known this to false for quite some time and publicly said so.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Show me where I said I "wanted" the bloated cheeto to do that. I said he could - and he's proven he's willing to do illegal things, like getting impeached trying to blackmail a foreign head of state to produce dirt on a political rival.

It's cute that you try to turn this back on me. I'm simply discussing the tactics the guy you voted for has used, and could have used again, if there was any "there" there.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sure, sure.   It’s your implication not mine :dunno

• Plus1 2