Media Bias

59 minutes ago, nic said:

This is nuts. I don’t think anyone thought Hannity wasn’t in the tank for republicans, but he is asking Trump campaign folks what to say on air. Yes Sir. I suspect Walter Cronkite didn’t do that. You have to consider the source in all media these days.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/29/politics/hannity-text-messages-meadows-trump-white-house/index.html

On the afternoon of Election Day, Hannity texted Meadows at 1:36 p.m. to ask about turnout in North Carolina. Two hours later, Meadows responded: "Stress every vote matters. Get out and vote. On radio." 

"Yes sir," Hannity replied. "On it. Any place in particular we need a push."

"Pennsylvania. NC AZ," Meadows wrote, adding: "Nevada." 

"Got it. Everywhere," Hannity said.

Why would they need to push voters to the polls if they were winning?

Kinda contradicts the whole "stolen election" fable.

• Plus1 3

A bit of a twist on the thread - instead of bias from journalists/media outlets, bias towards them... specifically, women.

I can attest to this from personal experience. In the nearly four years I was a reporter, I had very few incidents of being verbally assaulted, none of being physically assaulted, and I almost never received negative phone calls/emails. Conversely, my female coworkers usually received weekly commentary or negative back about their looks (most often from women), verbal assaults (men/women equally) and a physical assault in one case.

Women journalists see harassment as part of the job, a new study finds

While journalists, especially broadcast journalists, have been trained to keep going no matter what and to not make themselves the story, a new study finds that women journalists also see attacks — deliberate or otherwise — as part of the job. The study, based on in-depth interviews with 32 print and broadcast journalists in the U.S., was published recently in the Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly.

The theme of women saying that harassment and attacks were part of the price they pay for being female journalists was something that kept coming up during the course of interviews, said Kaitlin Miller, assistant professor of journalism and media at the University of Alabama and the author of the new study.

When men described their experiences with harassment or other attacks, they really seemed to wear it as a badge of honor and a sign of having done good work, Miller found. “Wow, they’re really looking at these experiences quite differently,” Miller realized — and decided to explore these themes further as part of her doctoral dissertation.

• 3 weeks later...

Pocket knives maybe...dwarfs the progressive media? He's smoking somthing. 

:laughpound

Ultimately, Pfeiffer argued that even if Democrats had perfect messaging, "it still wouldn't matter much," because "The conservative media dwarfs the progressive media in size and scope." 

He described them as two armies, with conservative media "equipped with tanks and stealth bombers," while the liberal media "shows up to the battle wielding pocketknives."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/06/why-do-democrats-suck-at-messaging

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1