Media Bias

16 minutes ago, nic said:

Maybe not media bias…maybe just a short term memory like everyone else.

I mean, if Hunter Biden had been installed as a member of the executive branch, put in charge of sensitive foreign policy matters, and had access to top secret info, without any relevant qualifications or experience whatsoever, and was active in undermining our own government, then yes I would agree that it would be a priority to investigate him. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 3
8 hours ago, Ulty said:

I mean, if Hunter Biden had been installed as a member of the executive branch, put in charge of sensitive foreign policy matters, and had access to top secret info, without any relevant qualifications or experience whatsoever, and was active in undermining our own government, then yes I would agree that it would be a priority to investigate him. 

This isn’t about Trump. I think everyone agrees he was the most investigated president in history…and counting. It was about his kids and whether they were investigated. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, Ulty said:

It's laughable that comparisons are being made. Ivanka sat in on high-level meetings with foreign heads of state. Jared was a key advisor.

Hunter... not part of the administration.

And you know what? They won't prosecute him. They'll just smear his name across right-wing media for two years for political points.

You'd think they would have learned from the 2022 mid-terms that this is not going to play well with mainstream voters. But learning isn't high on their priority list, I guess.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2022 at 5:14 PM, knapplc said:

It's laughable that comparisons are being made. Ivanka sat in on high-level meetings with foreign heads of state. Jared was a key advisor.

Hunter... not part of the administration.

And you know what? They won't prosecute him. They'll just smear his name across right-wing media for two years for political points.

You'd think they would have learned from the 2022 mid-terms that this is not going to play well with mainstream voters. But learning isn't high on their priority list, I guess.

What's more, she got a butt load of Chinese patents exactly win Trumps "trade war" with China was simmering. Boy... wonder what the trade off was there. I wonder....

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

DePaul University journalism professor Jeffrey McCall.

“Mainstream outlets surely don't even now believe they actually bungled the laptop story, because stifling that story ultimately served their political agenda. Activist media surely have no regrets in this matter, and they aren't going to acknowledge that this journalism of omission did a disservice to the citizenry," McCall said. "This sorry incident again shows that the noble mission of journalism has been bastardized by the establishment media." 

• TBH 2
  • 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Oh how quickly people change attitudes about the seriousness of misinformation on social media...

Just speaking for the posters here, but most of us have called social media a cesspool that needs cleaning and some type of regulation to ensure that inaccurate information isn't spread unfiltered to the masses.

What ever happened to the "public square" argument?

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Just speaking for the posters here, but most of us have called social media a cesspool that needs cleaning and some type of regulation to ensure that inaccurate information isn't spread unfiltered to the masses.

Unfortunately for us all, the Hamilton68 bogus info was spread on traditional media

• Plus1 1