Media Bias

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Was it a right wing wacko?

Still begs the question of what type of internet profile you have that makes Twitter think you care about the opinions of those people...

Seems like you still don’t know how Twitter works.  Prob best if you figure it out before making silly comments like this.  

And no, not a “right wing wacko” LOL. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Seems like you still don’t know how Twitter works.  Prob best if you figure it out before making silly comments like this.  

And no, not a “right wing wacko” LOL. 

Does Twitter know how Twitter works?

• We may make suggestions based on your activity on Twitter, such as your Tweets, who you follow, and accounts and Tweets that you view or otherwise interact with.
  • If your settings permit, we may make personalized suggestions based on your visits to third-party websites that integrate Twitter content. Learn more.

https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/account-suggestions#:~:text=How does Twitter find accounts,who already have Twitter accounts.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

• We may make suggestions based on your activity on Twitter, such as your Tweets, who you follow, and accounts and Tweets that you view or otherwise interact with.
  • If your settings permit, we may make personalized suggestions based on your visits to third-party websites that integrate Twitter content. Learn more.

https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/account-suggestions#:~:text=How does Twitter find accounts,who already have Twitter accounts.

This may explain the focus on furries...

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Psst, you can get an interesting tweet that someone likes or retweeted to show up in a timeline.  That means it didn’t come from what Twitter thinks my opinion is.   And truth be told, I get as many left leaning or wing sources as right leaning or wing sources on The Who to follow section.  So there is that. 

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, funhusker said:

If it's anything like YouTube it will randomly throw out stuff you don't give two flying flips about. I get Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson recommendations every now and then. Also been getting stuff from that Bozo that got arrested in Romania.

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Psst, you can get an interesting tweet that someone likes or retweeted to show up in a timeline.  That means it didn’t come from what Twitter thinks my opinion is.   And truth be told, I get as many left leaning or wing sources as right leaning or wing sources on The Who to follow section.  So there is that. 

Okay, so it’s not the algorithm.

You just follow people that follow crazy people and retweet the crap they find.

I would have blamed Twitter…

• Plus1 4