Media Bias

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Then imagine Virginia Department of Education recommends CRT as a best practice….I mean you can believe people like below or believe the Virginia Department of Education. 

Funny story. This lie is being promoted by the very dude in the post you're quoting who literally said they were going to lie about it.

And guess what - he's lying about it.

They are not teaching CRT in school. 

Further, it's not the evil thing right-wingers want you to believe - that's the dog whistle that you're responding to and promoting. 

CRT is not what Republicans are branding it to be. It's not being taught to K-12 schoolchildren. Just stop.

• Plus1 2

The anti-CRT argument has more holes than a sieve. 

But here we are, debating it on this here forum because A) some people can't understand what it is or how it is (or isn't) being applied, or B) they know full well it's a right-wing lie, and they're invested in promoting it.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Funny story. This lie is being promoted by the very dude in the post you're quoting who literally said they were going to lie about it.

And guess what - he's lying about it.

They are not teaching CRT in school. 

Further, it's not the evil thing right-wingers want you to believe - that's the dog whistle that you're responding to and promoting. 

CRT is not what Republicans are branding it to be. It's not being taught to K-12 schoolchildren. Just stop.

I noticed you skipped over the Virginia Board of Education piece.  Conveniently I suppose.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

It’s already been posted 

No, it hasn't. The Virginia Board of Education does not recommend teaching CRT to students. Try again. 

Further, show us which schools in the Virginia education system have gone rogue from the BoE and are teaching an obscure college-level law course to their students. 

When you can't, you don't have to admit that this is all a dog whistle. We already know. Because your dude already told us what the right-wing CRT froth is about.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Your being obtuse, as I haven’t seen people suggesting they are teaching the actual course to kids.   You know this also, so it’s strange you keep repeating it. 

Of course you have. @nic has posted several videos where right-wing crisis actors are making that exact claim. 

But, to recap:

CRT - BAD!!! FROTHFROTHFROTHFROTH!!!  GRRR!!!!

CRT - Mentioned as a reference in one state's BoE website.  GRRRR!!!!  FROTH!!!

CRT - Not actually being taught in schools. grr...?

Thanks for showing us how non this non-issue is. 

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Of course you have. @nic has posted several videos where right-wing crisis actors are making that exact claim. 

But, to recap:

CRT - BAD!!! FROTHFROTHFROTHFROTH!!!  GRRR!!!!

CRT - Mentioned as a reference in one state's BoE website.  GRRRR!!!!  FROTH!!!

CRT - Not actually being taught in schools. grr...?

Thanks for showing us how non this non-issue is. 

:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Your being obtuse

This coming from the guy who interpreted honest questions, looking for info, as arguments to shut down.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Should race and racism never be discussed in education?  If not, why not?  If it should be allowed, how should it be discussed?

Also, how is this policed?  If it shouldn't be discussed, should a teacher be reprimanded any time they even bring up the subject?''''

All good questions without clear answers. Care to provide any insight into how you think racism should be approached in education, or to let us know how anti-CRT leaders suggest we do this?

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

People I know aren’t saying race or racism shouldn’t be discussed.  That’s a strawman argument 

Oh... Well, BRB wasn't making an argument, he was asking questions. So, err, are you willing to actually talk about it instead of deflecting and defending?

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm trying to get to the gist of the problem here.

So, race and racism can be discussed in schools, but they can't call it CRT?  For the people who are anti CRT, how should it be discussed?

Here's another olive branch - an open door invitation to actually communicate.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Who said that? 

N-nobody said that...again, it's another question, not an accusation, or a strawman, or an assertion. Since you didn't answer any of the questions, he's trying to help jumpstart the convo by guessing at a possible perspective, opening up an opportunity for you to do even less work and just start in the middle by saying, "No, that's not it, it's actually this..." Anyways, unfortunately still no answers or good-faith conversation to be had here.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....then can you explain your stance on the issue.  You are anti CRT....correct?  You also said that race and racism can be discussed in school.

Please explain.  I'm not putting out an argument on this.  I'm trying to figure out the stance of the anti-CRT people and how they believe all this should work.

Attempt #3 at actually turning this into a worthwhile conversation.

And.....you just move on ignoring it and instead focus on all the low hanging fruit of "RAH BAH IT DOESNT SAY THAT RAH BAH YES IT DOES GRAHH W:JARHAH"

• Plus1 2