Media Bias

29 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

This coming from the guy who interpreted honest questions, looking for info, as arguments to shut down.

All good questions without clear answers. Care to provide any insight into how you think racism should be approached in education, or to let us know how anti-CRT leaders suggest we do this?

Oh... Well, BRB wasn't making an argument, he was asking questions. So, err, are you willing to actually talk about it instead of deflecting and defending?

Here's another olive branch - an open door invitation to actually communicate.

N-nobody said that...again, it's another question, not an accusation, or a strawman, or an assertion. Since you didn't answer any of the questions, he's trying to help jumpstart the convo by guessing at a possible perspective, opening up an opportunity for you to do even less work and just start in the middle by saying, "No, that's not it, it's actually this..." Anyways, unfortunately still no answers or good-faith conversation to be had here.

Attempt #3 at actually turning this into a worthwhile conversation.

And.....you just move on ignoring it and instead focus on all the low hanging fruit of "RAH BAH IT DOESNT SAY THAT RAH BAH YES IT DOES GRAHH W:JARHAH"

I've been in meetings ever since I posted my last post.  I honestly thought I would come back and there would be more discussion on my questions.

Guess not.  :dunno

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm trying to get to the gist of the problem here.

So, race and racism can be discussed in schools, but they can't call it CRT?  For the people who are anti CRT, how should it be discussed?

Here's another olive branch - an open door invitation to actually communicate.

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Who said that? 

N-nobody said that...again, it's another question, not an accusation, or a strawman, or an assertion. Since you didn't answer any of the questions, he's trying to help jumpstart the convo by guessing at a possible perspective, opening up an opportunity for you to do even less work and just start in the middle by saying, "No, that's not it, it's actually this..." Anyways, unfortunately still no answers or good-faith conversation to be had here.

Ummmm.. once again things are flying over your head and you don’t even know it.  
check out pst conversations and see how many times Buster has a reply of “who said that” “ who makes that claim”.   Are you trying to get at that others can’t ask the same to him?  Or are you getting at something else?  

I was conversing with knapp for a bit and work so is it possible I could get back to Buster?  Or am I on some sort of time clock to make you happy?  

Do you care to add anything of substance to the conversation or just bloviate about others?  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

This coming from the guy who interpreted honest questions, looking for info, as arguments to shut down.

You have zero comment on the post it was replied to?  You know the one where he claimed people said schools were trying to teach the actual “college level class” to kids.   Is that really what the discussion is about?  I mean really? 

Or, is it possible that people are upset about what the Virginia Board of Education is/was doing?  But go on and only comment about me trying to correct the record to reflect what’s actually going on.  

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You have zero comment on the post it was replied to?  You know the one where he claimed people said schools were trying to teach the actual “college level class” to kids.   Is that really what the discussion is about?  I mean really? 

Or, is it possible that people are upset about what the Virginia Board of Education is/was doing?  But go on and only comment about me trying to correct the record to reflect what’s actually going on.  

We've all been talking about children learning CRT in classrooms. We know you know that, and this is another attempt at dodging actual conversation.

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ummmm.. once again things are flying over your head and you don’t even know it.  
check out pst conversations and see how many times Buster has a reply of “who said that” “ who makes that claim”.   Are you trying to get at that others can’t ask the same to him?  Or are you getting at something else?  

I was conversing with knapp for a bit and work so is it possible I could get back to Buster?  Or am I on some sort of time clock to make you happy?  

Do you care to add anything of substance to the conversation or just bloviate about others?  

I've actually been trying to have a conversation about this.  But, it seems there aren't any answers to my questions.

And, if there's not answers to my simple questions, that means the whole argument over CRT is a nothingburger.  

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

We've all been talking about children learning CRT in classrooms. We know you know that, and this is another attempt at dodging actual conversation.

No, much of the rest of us have been talking about CRT being used in the classroom, while you have been romanticizing the idea of everything saying the “ obscure college level course “ being taught to kids.  We know you understand there is quite the difference. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No, much of the rest of us have been talking about CRT being used in the classroom, while you have been romanticizing the idea of everything saying the “ obscure college level course “ being taught to kids.  We know you understand there is quite the difference. 

So now you'd rather debate what we're debating than show us where CRT is being used in the classroom. Which is understandable, because you can't show that.

Just like you can't answer BRB's questions, which you're ignoring to reply to me & @Lorewarn. Because it's easier to do that than say anything of substance.

It's OK. We understand why this is. We know you have no idea what CRT is, and can't respond with a verifiable use of it in a K-12 classroom, even though that's what the right is currently frothing about.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've actually been trying to have a conversation about this.  But, it seems there aren't any answers to my questions.

And, if there's not answers to my simple questions, that means the whole argument over CRT is a nothingburger.  

I’ve said my thoughts in a long post on CRT during a discussion with ZRod I believe.  I’m not going to write that out again because it’s too long and this site refreshes my posts constantly which erases everything mid post.  It’s why I try to stick with shorter posts now.  I’m sure you can find that pretty easy.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’ve said my thoughts in a long post on CRT during a discussion with ZRod I believe.  I’m not going to write that out again because it’s too long and this site refreshes my posts constantly which erases everything mid post.  It’s why I try to stick with shorter posts now.  I’m sure you can find that pretty easy.  

Can you at least tell me what page it’s on?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So if you read that post, those are some of the ideals being promoted by CRT which some states/districts are trying to have seep into the educational system which I don’t think is appropriate.  

I have no problem whatsoever in the history section of education pointing more of the downside of the countries history such as the Tulsa Massacre.  People should know more about that and other such instances/struggles of minorities.  But it shouldn’t be taught in the context of our country was a bad country.  Race shouldnt be taught as a defining factor for someone in today’s day and age, white kids shouldn’t be taught to feel guilty about what some people did 100, 200, 300 years ago, etc…

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can you at least tell me what page it’s on?

I really can’t at the moment and taking #3 to speed and agility.  I’m sure you can search the terms 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So if you read that post, those are some of the ideals being promoted by CRT which some states/districts are trying to have seep into the educational system which I don’t think is appropriate.  

I have no problem whatsoever in the history section of education pointing more of the downside of the countries history such as the Tulsa Massacre.  People should know more about that and other such instances/struggles of minorities.  But it shouldn’t be taught in the context of our country was a bad country.  Race shouldnt be taught as a defining factor for someone in today’s day and age, white kids shouldn’t be taught to feel guilty about what some people did 100, 200, 300 years ago, etc…

I really can’t at the moment and taking #3 to speed and agility.  I’m sure you can search the terms 

So, are they only suppose to talk about what happened 100, 200, 300 years ago?  Or can they talk about current racial issues?

Im not going to wade through 36 pages of posts for a post that I don’t even know what it looks like when you won’t even do it knowing roughly how long ago you posted it and don’t think it’s worth looking for. 

FYI, you don’t have to type it all out, all you have to do is quote it. 

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, are they only suppose to talk about what happened 100, 200, 300 years ago?  Or can they talk about current racial issues?

Im not going to wade through 36 pages of posts for a post that I don’t even know what it looks like when you won’t even do it knowing roughly how long ago you posted it and don’t think it’s worth looking for. 

FYI, you don’t have to type it a

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Alright, I’m back.  

Current issues are great.  As long as full context is involved IMO.  

49 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

FYI, you don’t have to type it all out, all you have to do is quote it. 

I understand that.  However, not sure I want to spend the time wading through to find it to re-post, and I certainly don’t want to type it all out again only to have this website do an unfortunate mobile refresh before I get finished.  But I promise it’s out there if you want my opinion on what’s wrong with CRT.   Aside from that, did your question get answered?  I certainly don’t want Principal @Lorewarn upset.  

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, knapplc said:

Of course you have. @nic has posted several videos where right-wing crisis actors are making that exact claim. 

Two of the only four I posted and I am going to need DNA proof on Candace Owens brother. :D As I mentioned in another post, this more about what parents have experienced over the last year. Claiming CRT is just a rally cry. Dems can ignore the warnings if they chose.

• Plus1 1