Media Bias

40 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I only saw a 30 second clip of the trial where they showed the dude that got shot in the arm, pulling a guy at the dude on the ground.  That looked like self defense to me.  Actually it looked like to morons with guys trying to play cowboy.

I did not see any of the other shootings.  

What do you guys think about this?

Rittenhouse is an absolute tool, but self defense was the right call. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Agreed. It’s probably the right verdict. If he didn’t break the law and you think he should be guilty I guess it’s time to change the law or the prosecution sucked. I hope Kenosha doesn’t burn over the weekend. Not sure what kind of parent let’s a kid go into a riot zone with an AR. I am surprised a kid is brave enough to do so without a posse. Crazy crap. He Shouldn’t have been there in the first place.

• Plus1 2

What elements have been verified that are relevant to anything?  And it was THE CENTRAL document to get FISA warrants.   It seems like someone has an agenda to know claim the Steele Dossier doesn’t mean anything to know that’s it’s officially debunked (though the smart ones knew this long ago) 

• Plus1 3

After seeing some of the buffoonery of the prosecution, it was evident that it was going to end this way. I thought they might get him on the reckless endangerment charge though. 

Do I understand the rationale for the verdict? Yes. Do I have trouble with it because Kyle willingly inserted himself into the situation by needlessly running around a riotous situation with a weapon? Also yes. I keep coming back to these thoughts… 

If Kyle stays home and plays video games that night, no one gets shot by him, and he’s not on trial.

If Kyle goes to Kenosha to help clean or whatever, but without a weapon, does he get accosted for being perceived as a threat or a mass shooter? Probably not. 

Kyle’s choices led to this and to not see him bear any semblance of responsibility is deeply troubling. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why do you keep harping on that irrelevant document? Elements of it have been independently verified. This seems more like an agenda than anything at this point.

Only because it started a four year fiasco and subsequent 24/7 media coverage mostly by MSNBC talking heads. Thus it belongs in media bias.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, Fru said:

After seeing some of the buffoonery of the prosecution, it was evident that it was going to end this way. I thought they might get him on the reckless endangerment charge though. 

Do I understand the rationale for the verdict? Yes. Do I have trouble with it because Kyle willingly inserted himself into the situation by needlessly running around a riotous situation with a weapon? Also yes. I keep coming back to these thoughts… 

If Kyle stays home and plays video games that night, no one gets shot by him, and he’s not on trial.

If Kyle goes to Kenosha to help clean or whatever, but without a weapon, does he get accosted for being perceived as a threat or a mass shooter? Probably not. 

Kyle’s choices led to this and to not see him bear any semblance of responsibility is deeply troubling. 

Agreed. Except he should have cleaned up the next day. I have seen videos of other unarmed people trying to extinguish fires during the riots and they still got harassed. Leave the fire fighting to the professionals.

If Kyle was black and merely strapped that weapon on, he would have been shot dead by police in that given situation.

I mean, they shoot black 12 year olds with toy guns.

If merely arrested, Black Rittenhouse would be the poster boy for a right wing chorus about the violent unhinged Left and demanding the harshest sentence possible. 

There is no nuance in this verdict, no appropriately-measured consequence. It's a white supremacist wet dream. 

And that f#&%ing judge. Jesus H. Christ.........

And now comes the plea for outraged people to stay cool. 

Then again, apparently it's okay to bring an AR-15 to a tense mob scene to deliver "protection" however you see fit. Should be fun. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Fru said:

I agree with the idea that him and all those dorks should have just stayed home.  

• Plus1 2