Media Bias

7 hours ago, nic said:

This kid is raking it in. Another defamation lawsuit settled. Fox will probably settle with Dominion too.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2021/12/17/covington-catholic-grad-nick-sandmann-reaches-settlement-nbc/8946470002/

Holy cow, remember what a huge story that was and honestly until you posted that I had totally forgot about it.  That dude must have made millions.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Holy cow, remember what a huge story that was and honestly until you posted that I had totally forgot about it.  That dude must have made millions.

10s if not 100s of millions by the time they are all done.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

11 hours ago, teachercd said:

Would not shock me after what the media did to that kid.

I need to sue someone.

Even if the kid lost an entirety of a 45 year career making $1 million per year, something tells me he came out ahead in this lawsuit.

Its all a joke.

Just now, funhusker said:

I need to sue someone.

Even if the kid lost an entirety of a 45 year career making $1 million per year, something tells me he came out ahead in this lawsuit.

Its all a joke.

This!  And Youtubers make way too much f#&%ing money!!!!

• Haha 1

This Op Ed person must have been in desperate need of a story and something to be offended by.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/norad-s-christmas-eve-santa-claus-tracker-needs-end-n1286580

“hypothetical: If the Air Force did accidentally target Santa, say during one of his stops outside the U.S., would we hear about it? Would the resulting loss of life be deemed “credible”? Or would it just be another case investigated and tucked away in the Pentagon’s files?“

• Plus1 2
On 12/26/2021 at 9:49 AM, nic said:

This Op Ed person must have been in desperate need of a story and something to be offended by.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/norad-s-christmas-eve-santa-claus-tracker-needs-end-n1286580

“hypothetical: If the Air Force did accidentally target Santa, say during one of his stops outside the U.S., would we hear about it? Would the resulting loss of life be deemed “credible”? Or would it just be another case investigated and tucked away in the Pentagon’s files?“

I hope Santa was vaxxed & boosted before entering millions of homes. If he has Omicron it could be the biggest superspreader event in history!

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2021 at 9:49 AM, nic said:

That was actually an interesting article.  Thanks for sharing.

However, I have a feeling you didn’t actually read it because what you quoted was actually irony from the author based on the theme of the article.  Either you really missed the point of the op-ed or you are (…gasp…) biased!

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, funhusker said:

That was actually an interesting article.  Thanks for sharing.

However, I have a feeling you didn’t actually read it because what you quoted was actually irony from the author based on the theme of the article.  Either you really missed the point of the op-ed or you are (…gasp…) biased!

I did read it. There are many more important things to be worried about than a fictional character getting shot down. And I had completely forgotten about how the NORAD tracking tradition started. It was a good reminder from the author and I agreed…. It’s a great story about how this all started. There are more sensical ways to express one’s opinion about military strikes. Start with our inept miss from the last Afghan ISIS drone strike, for example. I guess I thought it was a bad approach, and there is nothing wrong with the tradition.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
25 minutes ago, nic said:

I did read it. There are many more important things to be worried about than a fictional character getting shot down. And I had completely forgotten about how the NORAD tracking tradition started. It was a good reminder from the author and I agreed…. It’s a great story about how this all started. There are more sensical ways to express one’s opinion about military strikes. Start with our inept miss from the last Afghan ISIS drone strike, for example. I guess I thought it was a bad approach, and there is nothing wrong with the tradition.

I guess if that’s all you got from it, that’s all you got.

• Plus1 3

Welp, for those of us who thought the BBC was a pretty solid source of unbiased news and facts, last night they may have jumped the shark.  They had Dershowitz on as a "constitutional expert" to discuss the Maxwell verdict.  No mention of the fact that he himself has been accused by several of the women in the case of having participated in the sex trafficking as a "john".  Disgusting.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1