Media Bias

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 7:50 AM, nic said:

Not at all. When Musk announced his plan to charge 8 bucks for verification AOC thought it was a bad idea and was very vocal about it. It was one of their many Twitter spats. I am curious if she will be consistent with Facebook and Instagram. AOC is usually consistent, even when in the minority. In this case, I don’t think most people are going to pay the fee. Anyone know how the fee is working out for Twitter?

This is a pretty big mischaracterization.

AOC didn't "think it was a bad idea", she was commenting on the rich irony that Elon, being such a vocal free speech absolutist and believing that everyone needs to have access to the new digital town squares, then starts charging people money for the digital town square.

Since Zuck has never stepped into the limelight as a free speech warrior, there's not really much there for AOC to respond to in the same way.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 3
8 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

This is a pretty big mischaracterization.

AOC didn't "think it was a bad idea", she was commenting on the rich irony that Elon, being such a vocal free speech absolutist and believing that everyone needs to have access to the new digital town squares, then starts charging people money for the digital town square.

Since Zuck has never stepped into the limelight as a free speech warrior, there's not really much there for AOC to respond to in the same way.

Elon was figuring out how to make Twitter more profitable. That is his new job.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, commando said:

it seems that he has failed in doing that so far.   matter of fact i think he has figured out how to cut profits very well.

Give him time. They haven’t folded yet. Meta and others are cutting the workforce like crazy. A reality check.

• Plus1 2
57 minutes ago, commando said:

it seems that he has failed in doing that so far.   matter of fact i think he has figured out how to cut profits very well.

In Elon defense, Twitter has only had 2 profitable years and none since 2019.  So he can’t really cut a profit that’s nonexistent. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

You all that have certain posters on ignore might wonder what this is about but suffice it to say the "Soros is the puppet master behind Trump's legal challenges and all else the ails our country" has once again reached the board.  But hey, " I waved to my Vietnamese neighbor one time so....."

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You all that have certain posters on ignore might wonder what this is about but suffice it to say the "Soros is the puppet master behind Trump's legal challenges and all else the ails our country" has once again reached the board.  But hey, " I waved to my Vietnamese neighbor one time so....."

Did your neighbor wave back?  

• Haha 1