Media Bias

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, a parent complained and the school district decided the poem was inappropriate for grade school kids.  Pretty much what I posted earlier.

No, what you posted earlier was a tweet that said a school banned the book.   The school moved it from one section of a library to another.   Hardly a ban from the school

• TBH 1

Interesting use of the word Banned in the headline considering this paragraph from the actually story. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/amanda-gormans-inauguration-poem-banned-211831751.html

A school materials review committee, comprised of staff members at the school, ultimately concluded that one of those books — Countries in the News: Cuba — was “balanced and age appropriate" and would therefore remain on the library shelves. The others, however, were deemed "more appropriate” for middle school-aged children, and will now be in the middle school section of the school's library, the Herald reports.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

If cable news is an indicator of anything, it's interesting that  MSNBC leapfrogged both Fox and CNN in primetime this past week for the first time in years. 

My guess is that if you wanted to learn about/celebrate the Trump indictment, you now trust MSNBC to do a better job than CNN, and if you're a Trump supporter and Fox watcher, you may have been inclined to just avoid the news entirely.

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/category/ratings/

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why aren't they covering the story with no facts, no evidence, no witnesses and no proof? 

It's a mystery!

So having fired Tucker Carlson and attempted a more measured approach to mitigate lawsuits that could destroy the organization, Fox appears to have doubled-down on 100% partisan propaganda lately. I can only guess that they fear Newsmax more than the next lawsuit. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • 1 month later...

20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think that's the unique dynamic we're in right now. What would have been considered Far Right for most of our country's history now describes mainstream Republicans, the man they want to put in office, and the primetime pundits of the leading cable news outlet. I mean, they've lined up in a coup against democracy itself, with ideological revenge as their guiding principle and low IQ flamethrowers as their spokespeople. 

At no time in history would Joe Biden or Gavin Newsom be described as Far Left, or to be honest even Left. Bernie Sanders is Left. Far Left would be Portland rioters and self-described Marxists, and they definitely don't consider the Bidens, the Newsoms, CNN, or the Democratic Party "their people."  They also don't make much news because they have little power or visibility. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think that's the unique dynamic we're in right now. What would have been considered Far Right for most of our country's history now describes mainstream Republicans, the man they want to put in office, and the primetime pundits of the leading cable news outlet. I mean, they've lined up in a coup against democracy itself, with ideological revenge as their guiding principle and low IQ flamethrowers as their spokespeople. 

At no time in history would Joe Biden or Gavin Newsom be described as Far Left, or to be honest even Left. Bernie Sanders is Left. Far Left would be Portland rioters and self-described Marxists, and they definitely don't consider the Bidens, the Newsoms, CNN, or the Democratic Party "their people."  They also don't make much news because they have little power or visibility. 

I understand this is your opinion, but it is pretty divorced from reality 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Which part, specifically? 

These parts 

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

What would have been considered Far Right for most of our country's history now describes mainstream Republicans,

I mean, they've lined up in a coup against democracy itself, with ideological revenge as their guiding principle and low IQ flamethrowers as their spokespeople. 

At no time in history would Joe Biden or Gavin Newsom be described as Far Left, or to be honest even Left. Bernie Sanders is Left. Far Left would be Portland rioters and self-described Marxists, and they definitely don't consider the Bidens, the Newsoms, CNN, or the Democratic Party "their people."  They also don't make much news because they have little power or visibility

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2