CTB Returns For 2021

7 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

:bonez:throwdabones1::bonez

Salty!  Now who plays at the other CB?  Lock down CB's and a pass rush can win some games, just sayin'.

The other CB will most likely be Quinton Newsome (who saw decent amount of time this season) or Braxton Clark (who is coming off an injury). Although I think Clark is better suited as the Boundary CB, which is CTB’s role. 

Well my hope is that this D evolves into something close to mirroring Suh's last year hear with the experience returning - and being in one system, under one DC for more than 2 years.    Now if the O can improve and become consistent, than maybe we finally get a winning record next year. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Well my hope is that this D evolves into something close to mirroring Suh's last year hear with the experience returning - and being in one system, under one DC for more than 2 years.    Now if the O can improve and become consistent, than maybe we finally get a winning record next year. 

Don't hold your breath for that, but I'd be happy with another step forward into top-25 range. I don't see any Suh-level players in the front 7, and it's hard to have a top-3 defense without an all-american candidate somewhere up front. I could see CTB taking an Amukamara like leap, but I don't see our secondary quite matching Amukamara-Dennard-Hagg-Asante-O'Hanlon. And I expect the DL to be good, but probably not Suh-Crick-Turner-Allen good. But I think there's a legit all-american candidate in CTB, and I think Jojo, Ty Robinson, Damion Daniels (with enough snaps), and Casey Rogers all have all-conference potential next year. I think Reimer/Henrich have that potential down the line, and could see a breakout year for Payne/Nelson. So I expect it to be good - but not the 2009 defense. 

16 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Don't hold your breath for that, but I'd be happy with another step forward into top-25 range. I don't see any Suh-level players in the front 7, and it's hard to have a top-3 defense without an all-american candidate somewhere up front. I could see CTB taking an Amukamara like leap, but I don't see our secondary quite matching Amukamara-Dennard-Hagg-Asante-O'Hanlon. And I expect the DL to be good, but probably not Suh-Crick-Turner-Allen good. But I think there's a legit all-american candidate in CTB, and I think Jojo, Ty Robinson, Damion Daniels (with enough snaps), and Casey Rogers all have all-conference potential next year. I think Reimer/Henrich have that potential down the line, and could see a breakout year for Payne/Nelson. So I expect it to be good - but not the 2009 defense. 

Agree.  They won't be near the Suh team but I hope they can carry the team in spite of the offense as the Suh defense did in 2009.

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't see any Suh-level players in the front 7

Agreed, but you didn't see any Suh-level players in the front 7 in Suh's first two years, either....

• Plus1 1