Tangent Thread - 2021 Offseason Edition

43 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

I think Rambo wants to go where a QB can actually throw him the ball...

Like our QB could do when he had Stanley Morgan and JD Spielman.  I dont care how good you are, it is hard to fit the ball into our 5'5 Slot WR that has the whole focus of the defense.  Also, it is a little harder to throw the ball in a league that actually plays defense, so maybe he should stay in the big 12.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

At least he isn't annoying.  I've also seen plenty of our own fanbase on other teams message boards....

Plenty annoying to come start an entire thread to neer ner neer on a Husker message board and bash our QB in the process.... The guy is a toolbag no matter how you slice it.

11 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Plenty annoying to come start an entire thread to neer ner neer on a Husker message board and bash our QB in the process.... The guy is a toolbag no matter how you slice it.

Cy has a long history on this board and has contributed some pretty good discussion. Now that ISU is actually relevant he can finally boast a little.

• Plus1 7
4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Here is the real question - Why leave a great team that actually threw him the ball?  Something behind the scenes we aren't hearing.  

They weren't throwing it to him as much, his numbers took a bit of a dive. In 2019 he was their #2 behind CeeDee Lamb, in 2020 he ended up their #3 - but over the last 6 games he caught between 1 and 3 passes for 13-45 yards, and the 45 yards was an outlier - the second most was 29 yards, then 20. I think he's good, but they grab receivers at a rate unparalleled this side of Ohio State and the guys passing him are younger.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

I think Rambo wants to go where a QB can actually throw him the ball...

AM was like 72% completion this season.  He wasn't the problem.  Maybe if he actually had another receiver not named Wan'dale it would've been better...IMHO, Rambo would be a starter and leave with all of the Husker receiver records.

To add, congrats on y'alls season.  Campbell and Co have done a great job......I'd take any of his success after year one....Dude flat turned it around.  5* culture vs 5* players.  He gets it.

• Plus1 1