19. Washington
20. Arizona State
21. Virginia Tech
22. Iowa
23. USC
24. Mississippi
25. Liberty

Rounding out my top 40 teams (in alphabetical order):
Appalachian State, Arkansas, Auburn, BYU, Indiana, Louisville, LSU, Nebraska, Northwestern, Pitt, TCU, UCF, UCLA, Virginia, West Virginia

:dunno https://watchstadium.com/brett-mcmurphys-top-25-college-football-rankings-for-2021-01-11-2021/

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Toe said:

Brett McMurphy’s Top 25 College Football Rankings for 2021

1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
5. Clemson
6. Texas A&M
7. Iowa State
8. Texas
9. North Carolina
10. Penn State
11. Utah
12. Oregon
13. Florida
14. Notre Dame
15. Wisconsin
16. Miami (FL)
17. Cincinnati
18. Oklahoma State
19. Washington
20. Arizona State
21. Virginia Tech
22. Iowa
23. USC
24. Mississippi
25. Liberty

Appalachian State, Arkansas, Auburn, BYU, Indiana, Louisville, LSU, Nebraska, Northwestern, Pitt, TCU, UCF, UCLA, Virginia, West Virginia

:dunno https://watchstadium.com/brett-mcmurphys-top-25-college-football-rankings-for-2021-01-11-2021/

If you by advanced stats as a predictor of performance, SP+ had us as 31st this year. F+ 50th, so different models didn't exactly agree - but neither had us as the dumpster fire we like to think we were. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Toe said:

Brett McMurphy’s Top 25 College Football Rankings for 2021

1. Ohio State
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
5. Clemson
6. Texas A&M
7. Iowa State
8. Texas
9. North Carolina
10. Penn State
11. Utah
12. Oregon
13. Florida
14. Notre Dame
15. Wisconsin
16. Miami (FL)
17. Cincinnati
18. Oklahoma State
19. Washington
20. Arizona State
21. Virginia Tech
22. Iowa
23. USC
24. Mississippi
25. Liberty

Hey, you have to start somewhere.

14 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Anyone getting the feeling that we are changing our offensive philosophy, to recruit bigger, potentially more physical athletes?Seems like we are going after less and less of the small speedy types at the skill position.

Yes, I would like to believe Frost is evolving his philosophy and focusing more on being the bigger, tougher team rather than simply being the quicker team. Quickness is great when found in abundance. That Florida speed element has been transferring away so hopefully we'll get more balance in the offense. More clock and tempo control, less trying to be faster than everyone else all the time.

I think this coming year could be a big step forward for the program despite WR transferring. Putting 3-4 receivers/tight ends taller than 6'2 on the field every play can open up the offense much better during the course of the season. Pulls the secondary back in dealing with tall receivers and opens up the running game. It also gives Adrian a wider target to throw with the bigger receivers. We just need to get some of these guys healthy enough to stay on the field. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, SECHusker said:

Anyone getting the feeling that we are changing our offensive philosophy, to recruit bigger, potentially more physical athletes?Seems like we are going after less and less of the small speedy types at the skill position.

It's possible.  But I think it might just be more wanting a mix of guys and trying to fill in what we're missing.  Mills was a 220-pound back when we recruited him two years ago.  Wan'Dale was the only WR under six feet tall.  Last year we took Scott as a bigger back and Morrison as a smaller back.  Fleming was a shorter, faster receiver while Betts and Manning are big targets.  This year Ervin isn't a really big back but Stepp is so we have some of both.  The receivers and TEs are all tall which is good.  Maybe that's all we'll take going forward but I bet there will still be a couple smaller, fast guys in the mix as well.

• Thanks 1

And of course, recruiting is a 2-way street - sometimes you have to take what you can get and try to make the pieces fit. And sometimes, try as you might, you still end up with pieces that just plain don't fit...

18 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It's possible.  But I think it might just be more wanting a mix of guys and trying to fill in what we're missing.  Mills was a 220-pound back when we recruited him two years ago.  Wan'Dale was the only WR under six feet tall.  Last year we took Scott as a bigger back and Morrison as a smaller back.  Fleming was a shorter, faster receiver while Betts and Manning are big targets.  This year Ervin isn't a really big back but Stepp is so we have some of both.  The receivers and TEs are all tall which is good.  Maybe that's all we'll take going forward but I bet there will still be a couple smaller, fast guys in the mix as well.

I agree with this, nothing wrong with having a smaller speedster at the slot/duck r. 

• Plus1 2