Your 2021 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

1 hour ago, Undone said:

Probably gonna get a lot of crap for this comment, but I ask in earnest: Why would Toure transfer here for his senior year?

Did Montana graduate a really good QB last season or something?

Honestly I am surprised as well.  I think he would of gotten drafted.  

Until this year Frost's offense has been pretty good for at least one and usually a couple receivers. Is it that hard to believe he wants a shot to show scouts reps against legitimate D1 DBs? The trend on this offense is down for sure, but the history is fine and we have to be one of the easier P5 schools for a good receiver to get pt right away. There are worse places to transfer, and unless you're an absolute freak your draft ceiling isn't that high if all your film is from Montana. Show up against Iowa, Wisconsin, and Northwestern and you can boost your stock a lot. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Undone said:

Probably gonna get a lot of crap for this comment, but I ask in earnest: Why would Toure transfer here for his senior year?

Did Montana graduate a really good QB last season or something?

Supposedly the story goes he was a 3rd-4th round grade, and that was his max if he stayed in the FCS. He thinks he's better than that, and can play his way into a higher round with a solid year in the P5. And we have a coaching staff that, despite on the field results, clearly sells well. So, here he is. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Until this year Frost's offense has been pretty good for at least one and usually a couple receivers. Is it that hard to believe he wants a shot to show scouts reps against legitimate D1 DBs? The trend on this offense is down for sure, but the history is fine and we have to be one of the easier P5 schools for a good receiver to get pt right away. There are worse places to transfer, and unless you're an absolute freak your draft ceiling isn't that high if all your film is from Montana. Show up against Iowa, Wisconsin, and Northwestern and you can boost your stock a lot. 

12 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Supposedly the story goes he was a 3rd-4th round grade, and that was his max if he stayed in the FCS. He thinks he's better than that, and can play his way into a higher round with a solid year in the P5. And we have a coaching staff that, despite on the field results, clearly sells well. So, here he is. 

Yep...so, at best he was 3rd or 4th round.  There probably was a good chance he would be an undrafted free agent.  If he comes here and doesn't improve his grading, he still has a chance to be an undrafted free agent.

Lot's of upside.   Not much downside.  We have an, albeit talented WR room on paper, it's unproven.  So, if he's as good as he thinks he is, he has a chance at a lot of playing time.

Spring ball will be VERY important for a player like him.

12 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

I'll take a player who hears he could be drafted, but instead decides to go work his tail off to show he's better than that. We can use as many players on the team with that mentality as we can get.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I'll take a player who hears he could be drafted, but instead decides to go work his tail off to show he's better than that. We can use as many players on the team with that mentality as we can get.

I agree! If that really is his mentality then he can elevate the WR room with him

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Gotcha, I figured it had to do with the perception of better draft prospects. When you're that good of an athlete but you're maybe on the edge of the NFL cut, you need any advantage you can get to get that contract, no doubt.