Your 2021 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

I admittedly don't usually watch the game in close enough detail so I have a hard time telling who's fault it is when we are struggling on the line. It seems to me that we are having more issues with guys knowing who to pick up on blitzes or switching properly when guys stunt etc.  Or are guys just flat out getting beat?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

16 of 20 kickoffs have gone for touchbacks this year.

We had 12 touchbacks all of last year and 14 total in 2019.

Hugely underrated improvement and gain as we head down the stretch and try to get to 7-5.

When you adjust last year's 12 touchbacks for the fact that we played 33% fewer games, let that 2019 figure sink in...

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I thought it was Turner they considered moving inside? Turner has been struggling a lot more than Bryce thus far...

Turner has also been hurt 

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

16 of 20 kickoffs have gone for touchbacks this year.

We had 12 touchbacks all of last year and 14 total in 2019.

Huge improvement 

6 minutes ago, Farms said:

I admittedly don't usually watch the game in close enough detail so I have a hard time telling who's fault it is when we are struggling on the line. It seems to me that we are having more issues with guys knowing who to pick up on blitzes or switching properly when guys stunt etc.  Or are guys just flat out getting beat?

Here is Turner getting beat on a 1v1 by Fordham. This stuff makes our offense look like crap, no matter how talented AM and our skilled guys are. If you can't beat a FCS DE 1 on 1, good luck with Oklahoma and B1G lines.  

This is the only video I could find, but if I recall correctly he's been getting beat multiple times a game.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Here is Turner getting beat on a 1v1 by Fordham. This stuff makes our offense look like crap, no matter how talented AM and our skilled guys are. If you can't beat a FCS DE 1 on 1, good luck with Oklahoma and B1G lines.  

This is the only video I could find, but if I recall correctly he's been getting beat multiple times a game.

Just to justify what I thought my eyes have been telling me, others seem to have noticed the left side being burned as well. Thats Turner and Piper. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That one's extremely bad. As a tackle you can never get beat to the inside on a pass play. That's a mortal sin, because it's the fastest path to the QB. You have to make them go around the outside.

The DE even telegraphed his move. If you're going to give him the inside like that then you let him spin in and burry him down the line to take him out of the play. 

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, ZRod said:

That one's extremely bad. As a tackle you can never get beat to the inside on a pass play. That's a mortal sin, because it's the fastest path to the QB. You have to make them go around the outside.

The DE even telegraphed his move. If you're going to give him the inside like that then you let him spin in and burry him down the line to take him out of the play. 

Both tackles have gotten beaten inside too much.  Like they're setting too deep.   

Don't let them come inside.  If they try to go around it's much easier to just keep riding them enough so the QB can set up into the pocket.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

And my concern is Frost and/or Austin will take half the season to bench them if they don't improve.

• Plus1 2