Your 2021 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Mavric

45 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

They have a history of it correct so they get the benefit of the doubt. They have earned that. We have currently earned .500 or losing records to every team in the B1G West over the last 3+ years and that stat cant change regardless of outcomes the rest of season. 

They also lost to Purdue.

Benefit of the doubt there too?

• Plus1 2

49 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Crazy Stat. Kirk Ferentz and Scott Frost will have the same number of losing seasons at their current coaching gigs if Frost doesn't win out or go 3-1 with a bowl win. 

Kirk started in 1999.....

I was curious when those losing seasons were.  Wish I hadn't looked...

1999: 1-10

2000: 3-9

2001: 7-5

2002: 11-2 with a loss in the Orange Bowl

First 4 years: 22-26

I flipping hate Iowa!

• Oh Yeah! 1
9 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I was curious when those losing seasons were.  Wish I hadn't looked...

1999: 1-10

2000: 3-9

2001: 7-5

2002: 11-2 with a loss in the Orange Bowl

First 4 years: 22-26

I flipping hate Iowa!

It's almost like a coach shows improvements in the W/L column after a couple years. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I was "indifferent" 72 hours ago.  

Hedley, you won me over.  I'm officially on the side of "it's time to move on".

This s#!t is bad!

Look if Frost someone wins out or goes 3-1 etc sure give him a year. I've said all year get to 6 wins show actual measurable improvement. Another 4-8 and nope not having it. Time to move on. You won't find a HC that ever started out with 4 losing seasons and ever went on to win hardware at that stop. 

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Look if Frost someone wins out or goes 3-1 etc sure give him a year. I've said all year get to 6 wins show actual measurable improvement. Another 4-8 and nope not having it. Time to move on. You won't find a HC that ever started out with 4 losing seasons and ever went on to win hardware at that stop. 

That's where I'm at too.

But I was also "okay" with giving him another year even if he only got one more win against Purdue and kept the others respectable.

But after seeing the "Frost vs. Peers" thread and looking closer at the past 4 years, I'd be okay with the decision to let him go.  Afterall, in year one, the Huskers were "close" when they played OSU.  I don't think they are any closer a few years later than they were that day.  I guess we'll find out in a few weeks when OSU comes to town with playoffs on their minds.

• Plus1 1

Just now, funhusker said:

That's where I'm at too.

But I was also "okay" with giving him another year even if he only got one more win against Purdue and kept the others respectable.

But after seeing the "Frost vs. Peers" thread and looking closer at the past 4 years, I'd be okay with the decision to let him go.  Afterall, in year one, the Huskers were "close" when they played OSU.  I don't think they are any closer a few years later than they were that day.  I guess we'll find out in a few weeks when OSU comes to town with playoffs on their minds.

My gut tells me they are going to boat race us. 

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Crazy Stat. Kirk Ferentz and Scott Frost will have the same number of losing seasons at their current coaching gigs if Frost doesn't win out or go 3-1 with a bowl win. 

Kirk started in 1999.....

Ferentz has done fine following Hayden Fry.

Except the losing to Purdue thing 

And a porous offensive line after 20 years.