Insurrection fallout

I’m absolutely shocked at something. 

I have a good friend that has been a member of the cult from day one.  It was so bad that I really stopped wanting to be around him.  He’s one that always had a Trump hat on and a Trump flag in his yard.  

last night I was in a small group of guys having a few beers.  I noticed he didn’t have a Trump hat on.  He then admitted he took his flag down because he didn’t support him anymore.  

I grabbed him and gave him a hug because I was so shocked.  

Hopefully there are a lot more that come to this point. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m absolutely shocked at something. 

I have a good friend that has been a member of the cult from day one.  It was so bad that I really stopped wanting to be around him.  He’s one that always had a Trump hat on and a Trump flag in his yard.  

last night I was in a small group of guys having a few beers.  I noticed he didn’t have a Trump hat on.  He then admitted he took his flag down because he didn’t support him anymore.  

I grabbed him and gave him a hug because I was so shocked.  

Hopefully there are a lot more that come to this point. 

I hope that there are a lot of people who have “supported” Trump in the past because he was the only candidate under the Republican Party, and now that they see his most vocal supporters are racist, anti-Semite, don’t care about cops, and a plethora of other evil characteristics. Hopefully “Trump’s America” is coming to an end. 

• Plus1 4

10 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I read he has 5 kids, and his wife is a physician...which gives him the $$$ and latitude to attend these rallies 

I hope is wife and kids won't care when he's spending a few years in Federal prison.  More likely, he will be able to afford a good lawyer, and won't see any time.

7 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Agree the 2nd scenario is more likely

You're probably right.  If that had been someone without $$ or heaven-forbid a person of color, they'd be doing time for sure.  

Who said justice isn't fair?  Right?

They cannot under any circumstances let the people they arrested over this out of jail before Biden takes control of the military. And DC better be doing something to look at who is entering the city. 

I also don’t think the inauguration and swearing in should take place outside. It should take place at an undisclosed location. 

Ans Parler needs to be shut down at least until the 21st. 

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They cannot under any circumstances let the people they arrested over this out of jail before Biden takes control of the military. And DC better be doing something to look at who is entering the city. 

I also don’t think the inauguration and swearing in should take place outside. It should take place at an undisclosed location. 

yep....i see the trumpers assaulting DC and statehouses across the country on the 20th.     and they will be armed this time.  i hope security forces are prepped this time.  or better yet i hope nothing happens....but they better be ready  because i suspect lot's of fringe right characters are responding to trumps siren call.

Just now, commando said:

yep....i see the trumpers assaulting DC and statehouses across the country on the 20th.     and they will be armed this time.  i hope security forces are prepped this time.  or better yet i hope nothing happens....but they better be ready  because i suspect lot's of fringe right characters are responding to trumps siren call.

There is no chance nothing happens. There will at least be attempts at violence. Theh are already seeing increased activity trying to organize it. That’s why Parler should be shut down until the 21st. 

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I also don’t think the inauguration and swearing in should take place outside. It should take place at an undisclosed location

I wholeheartedly disagree with the bolder. Increased security, sure.  But this inauguration should be huge.  I wouldn’t even be upset if we did the whole Military Parade that Trump wanted.  It would actually serve a purpose:  you want to have a revolution with pipe bombs and AR-15s?  Try it!

There are groups in this country that want to topple the government.  They need to know they are in extreme minority (even in the GOP) and they will be squashed if they attempt anything.