Insurrection fallout

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with the bolder. Increased security, sure.  But this inauguration should be huge.  I wouldn’t even be upset if we did the whole Military Parade that Trump wanted.  It would actually serve a purpose:  you want to have a revolution with pipe bombs and AR-15s?  Try it!

There are groups in this country that want to topple the government.  They need to know they are in extreme minority (even in the GOP) and they will be squashed if they attempt anything.

They better have fantastic check points set up then. That’s a lot of people and they aren’t going to be able to differentiate btw those wanting to cause trouble and others. 

Just now, Moiraine said:

They better have fantastic check points set up then. That’s a lot of people and they aren’t going to be able to differentiate btw those wanting to cause trouble and others. 

I know.  But I liken it to having sold out stadiums after 9/11.  These people need to understand they are not the patriots.  They are enemies of the United States.  

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I know.  But I liken it to having sold out stadiums after 9/11.  These people need to understand they are not the patriots.  They are enemies of the United States.  

I understand what you’re getting at. I am just weighing the possibility of a mass casualty incident while Trump is in charge of the military (ie they will not step in) vs. making sure the optics are good.

(CNN)Presidential inaugurations -- and the swirl of festivities that surround them -- usually offer prime schmoozing opportunities: Lobbyists attempt to woo incoming administration officials at VIP-only luncheons; big campaign donors score coveted tickets for the swearing-in ceremonies, and corporate executives mingle with Washington powerbrokers at private receptions.

But not this year.
With the coronavirus pandemic raging around the country, President-elect Joe Biden and congressional inauguration planners have closed much of the traditional avenues for access. Instead of receiving the typical 200,000 tickets to share with constituents eager to see Biden take the oath of office on the West Front of the US Capitol, members of Congress will receive tickets for themselves and one guest only.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, TGHusker said:

The protester who was killed Weds breaking into the Capital had previously said "Trump was worth dying for"     What a cult, what a sad story and what dillusion these people have

Death of Ashli Babbitt shot in Capitol was an 'execution' but she believed Trump 'was worth dying for', best pal claims (the-sun.com)

I knew there would be people in the group like that and there are going to be others like it. If they truly think the election is going to be stolen, of course they'd be willing to die for that belief. Just think of how emotional people get about the 2nd amendment.

• Plus1 1

(CNN)Vice President Mike Pence has not ruled out an effort to invoke the 25th Amendment and wants to preserve the option in case President Donald Trump becomes more unstable, a source close to the vice president says.

The source said there is some concern inside Pence's team that there are risks to invoking the 25th Amendment or even to an impeachment process, as Trump could take some sort of rash action putting the nation at risk.

I've learned a lot about the 25th amendment in the last few days. Has Pence not? What rash action is he talking about? If he invokes it, Trump loses his power at least temporarily.