Insurrection fallout

12 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This is part of what I was trying to demonstrate the other night, in alleging Nortre Dame Joe and Archy1221 are sock puppet accounts. Even in articles trying to refute the false information, the false language is repeated again, and unintentionally reinforced. By refuting the false narrative you give it stronger legs to stand on and allow the national debate to be shifted from how terrible the action was, and how to deal with the actions, to "who was really behind the action" which then gives the media license to offer opposing thoughts on the "who" issue, even though there was no question to begin with. 

This is what is so incredibly frustrating with how democrats handle this type of misinformation, as I've posted before, particularly around the impeachment trial and the republican's effective use of a false narrative about Hunter Biden to distract from Trump's crimes. Democrats expect that actual facts and research and analysis will sway these people away from the false narrative, but the audience that consumes these false narratives have been conditioned to believe that all politicians lie. So they will deny all facts. The best way to combat the false narrative is to not give it legs, and go all in on the truthful narrative and repeat it over and over again. 

To that point: 

I take an attack on our nation and government more seriously than people protesting in the streets. We as a nation are less safe now than we were before this happened yesterday. We don't know who was in that building, what information was accessed or stolen off congressional desks and computers. I love America, and our Democracy. The violence, loss of life, and destruction of property this summer was terrible. It didn't threaten our nation, our duly elected leaders or the United States Constitution. As a true patriot, and proud American, I can't be silent when this country I love is under attack.

While again, the violence this summer was wrong and terrible, American businesses have insurance to protect against loss of property and the federal government has provided aid that while couldn't possibly replace what some individuals lost completely has certainly helped. Yesterday's attacks threated the constitution of the United States of America directly. If that is destroyed, if our democracy is ruined, there is no coming back. Our standing as a beacon of light to the oppressed people of the world would be gone, and the sacrifices made by every American that lived, fought, and died defending our constitution from the Revolutionary War through the armed conflicts going on today would have been made in vain. 243 years ago, the founding fathers laid out a government that has been the envy of the free world ever since. That is what was attacked yesterday. 

The equivalency you keep presenting is false. If you can't see that you're blind.

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Every uploaded video contains metadata on where it was recorded, how it was recorded, and when it was recorded.  Many accounts were 'verified' and had drivers license information attached.

All that information, every post...and even every deleted post...has been archived and will be provided to law enforcement officials.

Parler left one of their API's open and allowed the creation of administrative accounts without verification through it.  In other words, they were less secure than just about any service or website out there.  This information can and probably will be used to track down many a moron who participated in the insurrection.

If some of the staunch Trump supporters here posted bad things on Parler...I hope they're ready for the fallout.

If someone was smart enough to remove the metadata or not have the sensors of their phone recording the metadata, that might make it more difficult to pinpoint stuff. However, most people don't mess with those settings or scrub it from the media file.

More trouble brewing

Trump insurrection – Invoking 25th Amendment ‘would cause huge uprising’ and 'armed protests before inauguration: FBI' (the-sun.com)

INVOKING the 25th Amendment "would cause a huge uprising" as "armed protests are planned before inauguration," according to information obtained by the FBI.

A bulletin, obtained by ABC, apparently confirming that the law enforcement agency has received reports of an armed group planning to travel to DC on January 16.

he group has reportedly warned that "if Congress attempts to remove Potus via the 25th Amendment, a huge uprising will occur."

The bulletin also details that armed protests are being planned in all 50 state Capitols, with protests at the US Capitol reportedly planned from January 17 through January 20.

The reported first day of travel will take place just four days before President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration.

However, both Democrats and some Republicans calling for Trump to be ousted, the effectiveness of doing so has been doubted because it is unlikely he removed from the White House before January 20.

3 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Not to mention that Parler was dumb enough to only remove deleted items from VIEW...not from their servers.  It flagged something deleted with a toggled bit...but didn't delete the item.

So every deleted video, post, etc. is all available.

Dumb? I assume that is how most services operate.