Insurrection fallout

On 1/16/2021 at 5:21 PM, Archy1221 said:

This...is CNN 

Sooo....let me get this straight.  

He told his wife he was hired to do security at the capital, he took his gun and ammo to do security.....and he didn't have authorization to even be in the area.

Sounds like an idiot that made up a story....why?

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Strong words coming from McConnell.  I can't see how he couldn't vote to convict now.  If he does, it's a done deal.  R's will follow.  Finally, there will be a vote and trump will be barred from holding office again.  Amen.

Less than 24hr remaining for that orange scum in the WH.  It feels like a new beginning is about to happen.  

I wish they could do it today and get it over with and kick trump out even if it is just minutes earlier than when he wants to leave the WH

He will go down perhaps the most disgraced president and without major accomplishments that history could eventually look more favorably on him - as it has Nixon to a certain extent. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe this isn't the correct thread but is it just me or are others concerned that Trump will commit further acts of treason due to the knowledge gained from being President? I have not one doubt he would willingly burn intelligence assets for money. Seems to me the only safe way to go here is throw everything at him and hang him for treason. Former Presidents typically receive daily intelligence briefings... No high level secrets or information will ever be safe in his hands.

Am I off base?

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe this isn't the correct thread but is it just me or are others concerned that Trump will commit further acts of treason due to the knowledge gained from being President? I have not one doubt he would willingly burn intelligence assets for money. Seems to me the only safe way to go here is throw everything at him and hang him for treason. Former Presidents typically receive daily intelligence briefings... No high level secrets or information will ever be safe in his hands.

Am I off base?

Not off base at all, and they've discussed not giving him further briefings.

Imagine still supporting this guy. Sheesh.

11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Imagine calling for the hanging of a former President because you don’t like him.   Sheesh.  

Where in your severely handicapped reading comprehension skills did you come up with "because you don't like him"?

Imagine being supportive of a President, former or otherwise, who is an obvious security threat to this country, was responsible for insurrection and not being intelligent enough to know that hanging is a viable punishment for treason. Imagine being that completely clueless and totally in the bag for a con man. Wow, people might start to get the wrong idea about such a person, begin questioning how sharp they are etc.

• Plus1 5