Insurrection fallout

5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I'm not sure where to post this but think this fits just as well as any other thread.    Crazy Texas State Rep introduced legislation for texas to succeed from the Union by 2026.

Now wouldn't that be funny - maybe that is the way to get Texas out of the Big 12 and Nebraska back in. :B)  (Actually, Nebr is better off in the Big 10 money wise - different topic so don't hijack it <_<)

Note the reference to Russia below, which I'm sure would love to see Texas go it alone.  These GOPers who think like this are pretty fatalistic.  They must think the Dems will rule into eternity.  This shows a lack of understanding of political history and the ebbs and flows of it, but more importantly a lack of confidence in being able to create a message that would appeal to a large cross section of voters.  Yes, if they keep their narrow Trumpian world view, they won't ever rise to the top again or appeal to the masses.  So in this case, they are willing to throw out the baby wt the bath water instead of looking honestly at what they have become - a party devoid of appeal, character, and vision.  (Not that the Dems have a corner on those 3 characteristics either but they at least have shown that they have a vision bigger than just one cultish section of America).   GOPers  like the below want to take their ball home and cry all the way instead of manning up and leading in  a way that benefits the whole nation. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gay-hitler-texas-lawmaker-kyle-biederman-introduces-bill-aimed-at-seceding-from-the-united-states

Wowzers. These guys are way more organized than the people here in Colorado (looking at you @JJ Husker :lol:) trying to secede to Wyoming 

Some in Weld County asking to secede from Colorado to join Wyoming

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GSG said:

Wowzers. These guys are way more organized than the people here in Colorado (looking at you @JJ Husker :lol:) trying to secede to Wyoming 

Some in Weld County asking to secede from Colorado to join Wyoming

Those jackwagons bring this up every few years. There is absolutely nothing in Weld county north and east of Greeley anyways They'd prob fit better in Wyoming and nobody would miss them.

5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

EswnLpUXMAIALWl?format=jpg&name=small

Something on my mind the past few weeks is that 9/11 was a resounding victory for Bin Laden. I believe he aimed to destroy us from within, likely via financial means that would lessen our status on the global stage, but that one attack shifted this country down a path so radical that we are tearing this country apart with glee. The insurrection on the capitol feels like a culmination of that, but I'm not so blind as to ignore that it's just one more milestone.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why would they put walls around the Capital when we are constantly told walls don’t work?  

I don't think they should fence in the Capitol.

But I'm just going to assume that the police will see people climbing over or digging under the fence in time to take any necessary action.  

You seem to have your wits about you, so I'm guessing your comment was a lot of tongue in cheek.  But there are people in my life that make comments like that and are 100% serious.  It's so hard not to slap people for being stupid sometimes.

• Plus1 3
57 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I don't think they should fence in the Capitol.

But I'm just going to assume that the police will see people climbing over or digging under the fence in time to take any necessary action.  

You seem to have your wits about you, so I'm guessing your comment was a lot of tongue in cheek.  But there are people in my life that make comments like that and are 100% serious.  It's so hard not to slap people for being stupid sometimes.

It was tongue in cheek and it’s why we need a good southern border wall in all the appropriate places.   Not end to end but much more than we have now.  Combine that with other technology 

• Plus1 3
36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It was tongue in cheek and it’s why we need a good southern border wall in all the appropriate places.   Not end to end but much more than we have now.  Combine that with other technology 

Sounds kind of like a responsible plan that would be supported by everyone except Trump and his cronies in Congress.

• Plus1 1