Insurrection fallout

23 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I am all for this. Independent and bi-partisan. 

I 100% agree, but I also find comments like Graham's irritating (from the article):

“[Trump's] behavior after the election was over the top,” Graham said. “We need a 9/11 commission to find out what happened and make sure it never happens again.”

It feels like just another half-assed attempt to kick the can down the road and avoid acknowledging reality for as long as possible.

Everybody should ask themselves a few simple questions: had Trump handled the post-election process with humility, professionalism, and facts, had Trump not passionately rallied his supporter base to believe in a falsely stolen election, and had he not held a rally where he encouraged angry supporters to march on the Capitol during the electoral confirmation process, does the riot happen? The answer should be an unequivocal 'no.'

I realize a commission will be looking at a lot of other things (including safety procedures and the like) but this wouldn't have happened if Trump hadn't behaved the way he behaved. Most Republicans know this. Many appear too afraid or cautious to acknowledge it.

• Plus1 4

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Absolutely, but how long until this is labeled as a 'Deep State witch hunt"?  I give it two hours ago. 

I am sure you are right about the two hours ago. If the commission can be made (truly) bi-partisan and Independent, I think a lot of folks will get on board.

And then it won't matter what the Q folks say. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I 100% agree, but I also find comments like Graham's irritating (from the article):

It feels like just another half-assed attempt to kick the can down the road and avoid acknowledging reality for as long as possible.

Everybody should ask themselves a simple question: had Trump handled the post-election process with humility, professionalism, and facts, had Trump not passionately rallied his supporter base to believe in a falsely stolen election, and had he not held a rally where he encouraged angry supporters to march on the Capitol during the electoral confirmation process, does the riot happen? The answer should be an unequivocal 'no.'

I realize a commission will be looking at a lot of other things (including safety procedures and the like) but this wouldn't have happened if Trump hadn't behaved the way he behaved. Most Republicans know this. Many appear too afraid or cautious to acknowledge it.

To the bold; that will be the aim of Trump's lackeys regardless, so get the Commission up and running ASAP.

• Plus1 1
Just now, DevoHusker said:

I am sure you are right about the two hours ago. If the commission can be made (truly) bi-partisan and Independent, I think a lot of folks will get on board.

And then it won't matter what the Q folks say. 

I hope so but then again how much more evidence did our populace need that there was essentially zero election fraud and yet we almost lost our democracy because of thickheaded fact deniers? 

I'm all for this but we all know there's a minimum of a 40% default that already have it their minds that the outcome is a hoax, even before knowing that outcome.  That is unless they find out Antifa did it...lol

• Plus1 2

53 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

We were nowhere near losing our Democracy.  Unless you believe a ragtag group of protesters turned rioters can take down the United States of America.   

Nope, I'm talking about those who have supported Trump and yet couldn't see through his narcissism and the fact that a malignant narcissist who is willing to subvert the election process for his own personal gain would gladly position himself as Dear Leader.

I'm also talking about those political operatives in Congress and otherwise that should know better but who also voted for the wannabe Dear Leader and then supported his Stop the Steal lies, post election. 

All of these folks were facts deniers.  All these folks supported overthrowing an election that by all accounts was the most secure in history.  

We were a lot closer than you're letting on here and I think you know that.  The question is why would you minimize the danger?  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Nope, I'm talking about those who have supported Trump and yet couldn't see through his narcissism and the fact that a malignant narcissist who is willing to subvert the election process for his own personal gain would gladly position himself as Dear Leader.

I'm also talking about those political operatives in Congress and otherwise that should know better but who also voted for the wannabe Dear Leader and then supported his Stop the Steal lies, post election. 

All of these folks were facts deniers.  All these folks supported overthrowing an election that by all accounts was the most secure in history.  

We were a lot closer than you're letting on here and I think you know that.  The question is why would you minimize the danger?  

How were “these folks” (whoever you are speaking of) almost able to overthrow an election?   

And I don’t remember this Dear Leader person you always speak of being on the ballot?  Write in candidate?  Only in some states?  

Our Democracy was never at risk during this election of being overthrown, demolished, destroyed, or whatever other scary adjective one wants to input.  

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

How were “these folks” (whoever you are speaking of) almost able to overthrow an election?   

And I don’t remember this Dear Leader person you always speak of being on the ballot?  Write in candidate?  Only in some states?  

Our Democracy was never at risk during this election of being overthrown, demolished, destroyed, or whatever other scary adjective one wants to input.  

4581.gif

• Plus1 1