Insurrection fallout

:Frosty::Frosty:  Alert

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Capitol-riot-suspect-pictured-at-Pelosi-s-desk-16001871.php
Capitol riot suspect pictured at Pelosi's desk screams 'it's not fair' in courtroom tantrum

Richard Barnett, infamously photographed during the Jan. 6 Capitol riot with his feet propped on a desk in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office, shouted that it was "not fair" that he remained in jail, in an outburst before a federal judge on Thursday.

In a virtual hearing, Barnett, 60, of Gravette, Ark., complained of his pretrial detention after U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper set the next court date for May.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

:Frosty::Frosty:  Alert

https://www.chron.com/news/article/Capitol-riot-suspect-pictured-at-Pelosi-s-desk-16001871.php
Capitol riot suspect pictured at Pelosi's desk screams 'it's not fair' in courtroom tantrum

There are currently thousands of prisoners in our county jails waiting hearings for minor offenses like possession or driving on suspended licenses. 

I'm okay if this traitor has to wait his turn so long that he dies in his cell.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

There are currently thousands of prisoners in our county jails waiting hearings for minor offenses like possession or driving on suspended licenses. 

Amazing how they all acted so tough storming our capital but melt like snowflakes afterwards.  Their 'savior' abandoned them and they now face the reality of their stupid cult induced action.

• Plus1 1

Finally a lawsuit against the instigator in chief.    Waiting on the DOJ to do their thing also and bring charges. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/541770-trump-sued-by-democrats-over-mob-attack-on-capitol

Former President Trump, his eldest son and several of his allies were sued on Friday by Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) over their role in the run-up to the Jan. 6 breach of the U.S. Capitol.

The 65-page complaint filed in federal court in Washington, D.C., accuses Trump, his son Donald Trump Jr., Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) and Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani of inciting the riot and violating a number of federal and D.C. laws.

Each defendant was among the speakers at a pro-Trump rally that immediately preceded the deadly Capitol breach. The lawsuit depicts the incendiary rally speeches as a tipping point that culminated a months-long disinformation campaign to push the false claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from Trump.

“The horrific events of January 6 were a direct and foreseeable consequence of the Defendants’ unlawful actions,” the complaint states. “As such, the Defendants are responsible for the injury and destruction that followed.”

The lawsuit seeks unspecified money damages and asks for a court order requiring Trump and his allies to provide at least a week’s notice before holding any future rally in D.C. related to an election.

22 hours ago, funhusker said:

Trespassing is now a capital offense?  Ooppfff

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Trespassing is now a capital offense?  Ooppfff

More deserving than passing a fake $20 or selling cigarettes.  But that’s beside the point.

there are many people that are waiting in jail.  He has zero right to be bumped ahead of them.  And I don’t have any sympathy for him no matter what we want to label his crime.  

5 minutes ago, funhusker said:

More deserving than passing a fake $20 or selling cigarettes.  But that’s beside the point.

there are many people that are waiting in jail.  He has zero right to be bumped ahead of them.  And I don’t have any sympathy for him no matter what we want to label his crime.  

Neither crime is deserving of that sentence and I could be wrong, but I don’t believe the rioter in question had a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system. 

Your right, he should be processed, bonded, and tried based on his turn in the system. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Neither crime is deserving of that sentence and I could be wrong, but I don’t believe the rioter in question had a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system. 

Your right, he should be processed, bonded, and tried based on his turn in the system. 

Thanks for understanding my point.  I figured you would get it.