Insurrection fallout

This speaks for itself.   The courts need to throw the book at these people and lock them up for a long time.

Trump needs to be held to account for this.

https://news.yahoo.com/wed-had-guns-guarantee-killed-171611909.html

'If we'd had guns I guarantee we would have killed 100 politicians': Accused Oath Keeper threatened to murder lawmakers in Capitol, court documents say

• Thomas Caldwell, who participated in the January 6 insurrection, threatened to kill lawmakers.

• In messages prosecutors obtained, the accused Oath Keeper said to "hang the traitors."

• Lawyers are fighting over whether Caldwell should be released from jail ahead of trial.

Thomas Caldwell, a participant in the January 6 riot at the Capitol, bragged about storming the building and told acquaintances he would have killed politicians if he could, according to new court filings reviewed by Insider.

The filings come in an argument from prosecutors to keep Caldwell in jail ahead of a criminal trial. He was arrested on several charges related to his participation in the insurrection.

"If we'd had guns I guarantee we would have killed 100 politicians," Caldwell wrote, according to messages prosecutors obtained. "They ran off and were spirited away through their underground tunnels like the rats they were."

- ADVERTISEMEProsecutors said Caldwell is a member of the Oath Keepers, an extremist militia, and organized an attack on Congress with them as then-President Donald Trump urged lawmakers not to certify the 2020 presidential election results in favor of now-President Joe Biden, who was duly electedIn the documents, prosecutors quoted from messages Caldwell sent to an acquaintance while sharing photos of his view from inside the Capitol building."It was instinct to snatch up my American flag and race for [the] capitol steps while the patriot stereos [were] blasting the song 'we're not gonna take it' and we were screaming along as one," he wrote in a message prosecutors obtained.

'I said lets storm the place and hang the traitors'

Prosecutors cited messages Caldwell sent on the walkie-talkie app Zello and the encrypted messaging app Signal where he said he decided to break through barricades after "Pence f---ed us," referring to then-Vice President Mike Pence's decision to follow the Constitution and verify the election results, and media reports that other people had begun storming the Capitol.

"I said if we're going to get blamed, might as well do it," Caldwell wrote in messages obtained by prosecutors. "So I grabbed up my American flag and said let's take the damn capitol so people started surging forward and climbing the scaffolding outside so I said lets storm the place and hang the traitors. Everybody thought that was a good idea so we did [sic]."

Caldwell said he and other insurrectionists were hit with tear gas, but they moved forward, broke through doors, and "started duking it out with the pigs" before stealing riot shields belonging to Capitol police officers ("nice souvenir I guess," he wrote) and "throwing fire extinguishers through windows."

"It was a great time," Caldwell said.

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, GSG said:

What's that green flag in the last picture?

I had to Google it myself but evidently it's the flag for some weird online alt-right trolls.  

Kekistani:

Kekistan is a fictional country, occupied by kekistanis who worship the god Kek. Often associated with the alt-right mascot "Pepe the Frog," it's a fiction used by the alt-right to troll liberals and signal their leanings.

The “national flag of Kekistan,” said the Southern Poverty Law Center, "mimics a German Nazi war flag, with the Kek logo replacing the swastika and the green replacing the infamous German red. A 4chan logo is emblazoned in the upper left hand corner.

Alt-righters are particularly fond of the way the banner trolls liberals who recognize its origins."

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I had to Google it myself but evidently it's the flag for some weird online alt-right trolls.  

Kekistani:

Kekistan is a fictional country, occupied by kekistanis who worship the god Kek. Often associated with the alt-right mascot "Pepe the Frog," it's a fiction used by the alt-right to troll liberals and signal their leanings.

The “national flag of Kekistan,” said the Southern Poverty Law Center, "mimics a German Nazi war flag, with the Kek logo replacing the swastika and the green replacing the infamous German red. A 4chan logo is emblazoned in the upper left hand corner.

Alt-righters are particularly fond of the way the banner trolls liberals who recognize its origins."

deliverance, the next generation

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why Trump has not been charged with inciting a riot at minimum by now is beyond me.   I hope the local DA or higher is doing some deep work to bring up a strong case that would but Trump behind bars for this.    Of all of the failed opportunities to do so (Mueller Report, 2 impeachments)- this should not become one of them.    Hopefully NYSD will be bringing charges soon as well.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

What a strange justification.

A lot of us aren't personally offended by a lot of things that happen in the world, but many of us tend to know right from wrong. This Getz character may not have been offended, but sitting on his hands about it certainly doesn't make him much better.

It'd be like if a guy watched his friend slip a drug into a girl's drink at a bar, but didn't say or do anything about it. Yeah, maybe the guy didn't personally do anything wrong, but letting his friend do it makes him near as much of a dirtbag.

• Plus1 1