Insurrection fallout

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm sorry, don't really find an insurrection against our government and people who supported it funny.

Good, because that’s not what was posted.  Remind me to stay off your lawn too.   Geesh, get some humor in your life.  Does a body good. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm sorry, don't really find an insurrection against our government and people who supported it funny.

the right wing is minimizing what happened on jan 6.    wonder what they would be saying if it was BLM storming the whitehouse  when don the con was president?    

39 minutes ago, commando said:

the right wing is minimizing what happened on jan 6.    wonder what they would be saying if it was BLM storming the whitehouse  when don the con was president?    

...which actually happened in the summer of 2020 btw...check it out

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, DevoHusker said:

...which actually happened in the summer of 2020 btw...check it out

yes  the  video of them smashing in the doors and windows of the white house and dragging cops into the street and beating them with flagpoles was very  powerful if i remember correctly.

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, commando said:

yes  the  video of them smashing in the doors and windows of the white house and dragging cops into the street and beating them with flagpoles was very  powerful if i remember correctly.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-05-31-20/h_cb459ab077b164295d8d61d80987e3fb

The officers and agents were injured when protesters threw “projectiles such as bricks, rocks, bottles, fireworks and other items,” according to the statement. “Personnel were also directly physically assaulted as they were kicked, punched and exposed to bodily fluids.”

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/150-local-federal-officers-injured-during-dc-protests-verify/65-8fdaf04e-df2e-47d0-abd6-a47017a699f8

"They were battling over the fences," Barr said. "They were trying to get entry. They were throwing bricks and inflammable liquid at the police. One fifth of the- there have been 750 officers hurt in the last week. One fifth of those have been in Washington, D.C. Most of those have been federal officers at Lafayette Park." 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-05-31-20/h_cb459ab077b164295d8d61d80987e3fb

The officers and agents were injured when protesters threw “projectiles such as bricks, rocks, bottles, fireworks and other items,” according to the statement. “Personnel were also directly physically assaulted as they were kicked, punched and exposed to bodily fluids.”

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/150-local-federal-officers-injured-during-dc-protests-verify/65-8fdaf04e-df2e-47d0-abd6-a47017a699f8

"They were battling over the fences," Barr said. "They were trying to get entry. They were throwing bricks and inflammable liquid at the police. One fifth of the- there have been 750 officers hurt in the last week. One fifth of those have been in Washington, D.C. Most of those have been federal officers at Lafayette Park." 

the main difference is how far they got.  the reasons for the riots.   and the response from the government.  1 of the riots was trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power  (thats what makes it insurrection) and the other was protesting social injustice.   

1 minute ago, commando said:

the main difference is how far they got.  the reasons for the riots.   and the response from the government.  1 of the riots was trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power  (thats what makes it insurrection) and the other was protesting social injustice.   

Got it. I didn't expect anything different. 

• Plus1 1
On 7/27/2021 at 3:53 PM, commando said:

i used to call it the far right....but it seems to be mainstream republicanism now.    they are attacking on all fronts and trying to distract in every way.   how dumb do they think people are to say something like this?

Brian Sicknick is totally ignored by charlie kirk and his attempt to make a martyr out of Asli Babbit

and the far right "squad" holding a "news conference" to find out how the people arrested for jan. 6 crimes are being treated in jail?

Are we in Nazi Germany shortly before Hitler had full control. :dunno  Are we in the Stalin led Soviet Union:dunno

Tell me how this Orwellian Double speak by these GOP 'leaders' any different?   I happened to hear a bit of talk radio yesterday - yes it is blame San Fran Nan for the riots because the House speaker is responsible for security.   Kind of like blaming an under equipped fire department for the work of an arsonist.   Trump says burn the house down, So they Do.  Blame Pelosi. 

• Plus1 1