Insurrection fallout

51 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Do you know who was in the room when Milley made the call?  Did he ever contact China in a similar manner before?  Was their anyone from the State Department present?  Did he follow precedence and protocols?  Isn't the other part of this equation even more frightening?  

I don't, if you do please share. And if the answers are: no one, no, no, unknown...then yes,it worries me.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Weird how these things come to light and then it's "well of course they do!".  Good thing they had that "one" informant or that deadly attack may have almost killed someone besides......themselves.

The mob pulls a hit.  The FBI has mob informants.  @Redux blames the FBI for said hit.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 3

i am so confused.  was jan 6 true patriots?    antifa super soldiers?   a mob of FBI agents?   i know trump called them patriots and the far right says that whats her name is a martyr to the cause but we keep hearing conspiracies about it not being what trump and the far right have claimed it was. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Redux said:

Where did I say this or even infer it?  This is completely dishonest and ridiculous.

To your original post, what was the conspiracy theory?  Simply that the FBI had an informant within the ranks of the Proud Boys?  Who shot that down as just a conspiracy theory?  Because I never saw anyone here dispute that if it was ever even brought up.

I've seen conspiracy theories saying it was an FBI inside job.  I'm assuming  that's not what you are referring to.  

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

To your original post, what was the conspiracy theory?  Simply that the FBI had an informant within the ranks of the Proud Boys?  Who shot that down as just a conspiracy theory?  Because I never saw anyone here dispute that if it was ever even brought up.

I've seen conspiracy theories saying it was an FBI inside job.  I'm assuming  that's not what you are referring to.  

I would assume the FBI would definitely try and have informants, that doesn’t surprise me.  What I would like to know is whether or not those informants were some of the first to enter the building and whether or not those informants were instigating others to enter the building at the beginning.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Archy1221 said:

I would assume the FBI would definitely try and have informants, that doesn’t surprise me.  What I would like to know is whether or not those informants were some of the first to enter the building and whether or not those informants were instigating others to enter the building at the beginning.  

I think we all would like to know that.  But informants are not agents.  They're not held to the agency's standards. You deal with some really dirty people in intelligence.  If an informant went rogue and instigated others that doesn't mean the FBI was complicit.

Or of course it could have been Trump loyalists in the FBI that were involved. ;)

29 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I think we all would like to know that.  But informants are not agents.  They're not held to the agency's standards. You deal with some really dirty people in intelligence.  If an informant went rogue and instigated others that doesn't mean the FBI was complicit.

Or of course it could have been Trump loyalists in the FBI that were involved. ;)

I’m of the opinion that many/most/almost all the people there supported Trump for President. 

I just think the narrative is different if the Capitol trespassing was instigated by either FBI informants or undercover FBI.  If the informants were instigating things that otherwise were not currently happening, did the FBI ask the informants to try and get things started?  Did informants do it on their own knowing they would not suffer consequences?  Or were those informants and agents just part of the crowd and reporting in real time what was happening?  

• Plus1 1
On 9/24/2021 at 8:24 PM, DevoHusker said:

Milley "may" have thought "something might happen" so he contacted another General in China...China. What it is, is frightening. That doesn't worry you?

We had a loony toon whack job as President and nobody knew what he was going to do when he lost.  I actually find it comforting that Milley was able to call up and have a rational discussion with an adversary in this particular instance.

Now, what would be scary is if the rolls were reversed and we had a calm and rational President and a loony toon General was calling other countries.

• Plus1 3