Insurrection fallout

Go get him LIz.    Trump will rue the day he got on Liz Cheney's bad side.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/577515-cheney-bannon-refusal-to-cooperate-suggests-trump-personally-involved-in

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said late Tuesday that former White House strategist Stephen Bannon’s refusal to cooperate with the House committee investigating the Capitol riot suggests former President Trump was "personally involved in the planning and execution of January 6th."

"Based on the committee’s investigation, it appears that Mr. Bannon had substantial advance knowledge of the plans for Jan. 6 and likely had an important role in formulating those plans. Mr. Bannon was in the war room at the Willard on Jan. 6. He also appears to have detailed knowledge regarding the president’s efforts to sell millions of Americans the fraud that the election was stolen," Cheney said as the panel voted unanimously to hold Bannon in contempt and refer him to the Justice Department for criminal charges.

Cheney also said that Bannon and Trump's privilege arguments "do appear to reveal one thing."

"They suggest that President Trump was personally involved in the planning and execution of Jan. 6," she said. "And we will get to the bottom of that." 

The committee said Monday that it contacted Bannon’s attorney multiple times seeking information in its investigation but did not receive an answer. 

The full House will vote Thursday to hold Bannon in contempt after he refused to provide information despite a congressional subpoena. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

GOP turned away from common sense to trumpism.  

I think you're giving them a lot of credit by implying they ever had common sense to begin with.  The rot of the right wing goes back decades, Trump just decided to say the quiet parts out loud by appealing to the xenophobic wing of the party. 

But because Liz doesn't blindly support a democracy hating idiot supports of Trump dislike her.

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think you're giving them a lot of credit by implying they ever had common sense to begin with.  The rot of the right wing goes back decades, Trump just decided to say the quiet parts out loud by appealing to the xenophobic wing of the party. 

But because Liz doesn't blindly support a democracy hating idiot supports of Trump dislike her.

I think the GOP started to 'radicalize' in 1988 with Lee Atwater running GHWB's campaign. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Reagan's "welfare queens" predates that by a decade. Nixon was a decade before that.

I don't consider those as being "radicalized".  They might have been things that shouldn't have been said.  But, that happens in just about any campaign.  

Radicalization is totally different.  Radicalization of the Republicans started with Rush and compounded with Fox News.  And....I drank it up like it's Elk Creek Water on a football Saturday.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't consider those as being "radicalized".  They might have been things that shouldn't have been said.  But, that happens in just about any campaign.  

Radicalization is totally different.  Radicalization of the Republicans started with Rush and compounded with Fox News.  And....I drank it up like it's Elk Creek Water on a football Saturday.

I getcha. 

In other news, I miss Elk Creeks! 

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Reagan's "welfare queens" predates that by a decade. Nixon was a decade before that.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree with BRB on this one.  There are things we don't like about every admin but radicalization is something different.   

Lee Atwater and then later the Contract for America under Newt set the party off on a new direction  - opposition at all costs. 

I wouldn't say all of the party became radical - John McCain was the nominee in 2008 but the radical side forced Palin on him.

Romney wasn't radical as the far right didn't support him - thus he lost in 2012.   

OK got to ask - What is Elk Creeks??  Must be a native Nebraska thing which I'm not. 

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I getcha. 

In other news, I miss Elk Creeks! 

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

OK got to ask - What is Elk Creeks??  Must be a native Nebraska thing which I'm not. 

Elk Creek Water has been around for decades and decades. Not sure where it came from. One of the local bars - Sandy's - has been serving them forever. You'll find them at many tailgates.

Here is *a* recipe. There are many variations, but mostly they use the same ingredients. It tastes like a screwdriver. 

Elk Creek Water

1 1/2 oz Vodka
1 1/2 oz Gin
1 1/2 oz Triple Sec
1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
1 1/2 oz Sprite

To make this drink fill a rocks glass with ice and add each of the ingredients minus the sprite.  Stir and then top with the sprite.