Insurrection fallout

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Go get him LIz.    Trump will rue the day he got on Liz Cheney's bad side.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/577515-cheney-bannon-refusal-to-cooperate-suggests-trump-personally-involved-in

I've always contended Cheney knows more than we think she does.  She's connected.  No way she shipwrecked her political career without having a bullet in the chamber.  

I'd have to scroll back to through the threads but I think there was at least one Trumpists here that said she was bad for the Party because she wouldn't move on and that the Party was in the right to clip her wings.  It's that brainwashed element of the Party that will never come to their senses, no matter what comes out of this investigation.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Elk Creek Water has been around for decades and decades. Not sure where it came from. One of the local bars - Sandy's - has been serving them forever. You'll find them at many tailgates.

Here is *a* recipe. There are many variations, but mostly they use the same ingredients. It tastes like a screwdriver. 

Elk Creek Water

1 1/2 oz Vodka
1 1/2 oz Gin
1 1/2 oz Triple Sec
1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
1 1/2 oz Sprite

To make this drink fill a rocks glass with ice and add each of the ingredients minus the sprite.  Stir and then top with the sprite.

Sounds a bit livelier than the purified water I get at Aldi!!  Thanks   

Just now, Scarlet said:

I've always contended Cheney knows more than we think she does.  She's connected.  No way she shipwrecked her political career without having a bullet in the chamber.  

I'd have to scroll back to through the threads but I think there was at least one Trumpists here that said she was bad for the Party because she wouldn't move on and that the Party was in the right to clip her wings.  It's that brainwashed element of the Party that will never come to their senses, no matter what comes out of this investigation.

Exactly.  Those are the trump cultists who refuse to look at truth and easily believe a lie. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Exactly.  Those are the trump cultists who refuse to look at truth and easily believe a lie. 

I just looked and the rationale for supporting the ouster of Cheney on this board was that she wasn't messaging for the Party effectively enough since she was so focused on Jan 6.   Now Stefanik's election fraud lies are evidently ok.

It's pretty amazing, and discouraging, that the "messaging" of the Party is more important than getting down to the bottom of what spurred on a coup attempt, an assault on democracy, and whether or not a sitting president was involved.  

Priorities I guess.  

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

It's pretty amazing, and discouraging, that the "messaging" of the Party is more important than getting down to the bottom of what spurred on a coup attempt, an assault on democracy, and whether or not a sitting president was involved.  

They already know the answers to those questions. They don't want the public to find out. That's why they're threatening everyone involved, from the telecom companies to their colleagues. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I just looked and the rationale for supporting the ouster of Cheney on this board was that she wasn't messaging for the Party effectively enough since she was so focused on Jan 6.   Now Stefanik's election fraud lies are evidently ok.

Priorities I guess.  

Whose priorities  - Putin's perhaps. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

They already know the answers to those questions. They don't want the public to find out. That's why they're threatening everyone involved, from the telecom companies to their colleagues. 

Exactly and I wonder how many Senators and Reps could be found guilty of collusion if the truth got out.  This wasn't just a Trump thing - he had plenty of help planning it and support coaxing out the rioters.  The whole GOP act of opposing & delaying  the validation of the electors was all apart of it. 

• Plus1 2

44 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Big Oof.

If our politics is rapidly, irreversibly becoming more akin to Reality TV lite, it doesn't behoove anybody to go easy on clowns like Gaetz or Jordan. Might as well remind them they're the circus to their faces.

Yep.  Gaetz and Jordan have proven they are asses to other people.  I'm SHOCKED this hasn't been thrown back at them sooner than this and more often.

• Plus1 1