Insurrection fallout

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

I'm pretty sure this is a common occurrence at the Capitol and across the nation. Memorial Day and Veteran's Day are holidays, for example. 

You bring this on yourself. Create a culture of taking everything posted exactly literally, and you'll be a victim of the same culture. Remember the whole, "just to be clear, gerrymandering doesn't impact anyone's right to vote" thing you harped on when we all knew what NM meant? 

I don’t but thanks for playing:thumbs   Someone being wrong about a process and someone posting a typo aren’t really the same.  Sorry you don’t understand this.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

m pretty sure this is a common occurrence at the Capitol and across the nation.

If this is a common occurrence then will probably be able to quickly link to remembering for all those officers injured protecting near the Capitol in the summer of 2020? 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t but thanks for playing:thumbs   Someone being wrong about a process and someone posting a typo aren’t really the same.  Sorry you don’t understand this.  

I know this, you can call it a typo or whatever excuse you want to make, but you were wrong. Regardless if you don't or didn't think about it.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If this is a common occurrence then will probably be able to quickly link to remembering for all those officers injured protecting near the Capitol in the summer of 2020? 

So is your concern based on the fact that officers affected by 1/6/21 were recognized, or that the officers of Summer of 2020 were not?

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You asked if we should have a yearly remembrance at the Capitol for all those who protected our country and died. That's different than yearly remembrances of specific events where some people got injured.

Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, National Peace Officers Memorial Day, National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, and other days and moments of silence/remembrance ceremonies on those days have all the people you're curious about not being remembered covered.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

So is your concern based on the fact that officers affected by 1/6/21 were recognized, or that the officers of Summer of 2020 were not?

The latter if we are going to do the first.   And I wouldn’t classify it as a concern more so thinking it’s political theater by the Dem in charge 

• Plus1 3
14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The latter if we are going to do the first.   And I wouldn’t classify it as a concern more so thinking it’s political theater by the Dem in charge 

That’s fair.  But it makes me wonder why the GOP didn’t show up for it then.  Everything these people do is theatre.  Why did they not show up and make it look like they didn’t care?

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, funhusker said:

That’s fair.  But it makes me wonder why the GOP didn’t show up for it then.  Everything these people do is theatre.  Why did they not show up and make it look like they didn’t care?

Not showing up is the political theatre that serves their base the best.

• Plus1 1
On 1/7/2022 at 3:12 PM, commando said:

wow....the officers that died shouldn't have been recognized.  it was just political theater.   

Was it political theater for d!(k and Liz Cheney to show up?

I think they both have a host of sins to atone for, but who are they playing to?

People like me appreciate them standing up to their own party, but I will never embrace them, vote for them, or buy their book.

And they are almost literally standing alone against their own party, which has viciously attacked Liz and dis-invited her from every party. Her principled stance has essentially doomed her reelection.  Guys like Archy mock her for trying. 

Along with the Mitt Romney's and Karl Roves and Bush's, they may be playing to a Republican base that fears Trump's takeover of the party, but remains cowed into silence and invisibility in moments like these. Moderate Republicans have had a lot of chances to rise up over the past six years, but they don't. 

This is a particularly ugly moment in an age of ugly moments. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Was it political theater for d!(k and Liz Cheney to show up?

I think they both have a host of sins to atone for, but who are they playing to?

People like me appreciate them standing up to their own party, but I will never embrace them, vote for them, or buy their book.

And they are almost literally standing alone against their own party, which has viciously attacked Liz and dis-invited her from every party. Her principled stance has essentially doomed her reelection.  Guys like Archy mock her for trying. 

Along with the Mitt Romney's and Karl Roves and Bush's, they may be playing to a Republican base that fears Trump's takeover of the party, but remains cowed into silence and invisibility in moments like these. Moderate Republicans have had a lot of chances to rise up over the past six years, but they don't. 

This is a particularly ugly moment in an age of ugly moments. 

d!(k and Liz are hoping their past sins of wishing to nuke the Middle East will be glossed over because of this.  Serves a good purpose for them. 

• Plus1 2