Insurrection fallout

On 4/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, TGHusker said:

Pretty amazing read.  A plan to overthrow the election led by the president is the only conclusion based on these messages and the other info that has come to light.  

I'm willing to allow that Jan 6 was largely the work of yahoos who got carried away in the moment, but let's stop throwing those people under the bus and concentrate on the straight up, unambiguous multi-faceted coup planned and partially executed by the people in power. It could not be more damning. 

14 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

:dunno

Am I missing something?

Apparently if one of Trump's biggest financiers of his re-election campaign and Stop-the-Steal charade who was vacationing with a Russian oligarch who is known to be in Putin's inner circle doesn't seem suspect.   

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Apparently if one of Trump's biggest financiers of his re-election campaign and Stop-the-Steal charade who was vacationing with a Russian oligarch who is known to be in Putin's inner circle doesn't seem suspect.   

He runs a company that deals in financing high wealth individuals.

Doesn't seem too out of place on the surface.

Oh, and also, from your article:

He and his husband Bryan Eure were long-time high-profile Democratic fundraisers, hosting lavish events at their multimillion-dollar New York residences for then-President Obama, the Clintons, and other Democratic politicians. But on the night of the 2016 election, the New York Times reported, White and Eure decided to switch allegiances and began making inroads into the Trump inner circle. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

He and his husband Bryan Eure were long-time high-profile Democratic fundraisers, hosting lavish events at their multimillion-dollar New York residences for then-President Obama, the Clintons, and other Democratic politicians. But on the night of the 2016 election, the New York Times reported, White and Eure decided to switch allegiances and began making inroads into the Trump inner circle. 

That makes it even more suspect.  I guess if you think hanging out with Russian oligarchs who are in Putin's inner circle, then wind up spreading election disinformation via the Stop-the-Steal nonsense after being a Democrat supporter is normal everyday business as usual, then I didn't know what to say.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

That makes it even more suspect.  I guess if you think hanging out with Russian oligarchs who are in Putin's inner circle, then wind up spreading election disinformation via the Stop-the-Steal nonsense after being a Democrat supporter is normal everyday business as usual, then I didn't know what to say.  

Okay.

Maybe he is equal opportunity, I don't know. 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

After all that's happened the past six years, what kind of mental pretzels do you have to twist to give these people the benefit of the doubt? 

I am saying maybe they do the same shady shiiite regardless of who holds the Oval office...

• Thanks 2
15 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm willing to allow that Jan 6 was largely the work of yahoos who got carried away in the moment, but let's stop throwing those people under the bus and concentrate on the straight up, unambiguous multi-faceted coup planned and partially executed by the people in power. It could not be more damning. 

Yes, the yahoos were useful idiots - legal cannon fodder - used by trump and his ilk to overthrow a duly elected president before that president could take office.  There better be consequences, severe consequences, for trump and his henchmen who helped him with this plot. 

Remember this froth?  Yet another right-wing conspiracy theory debunked.

Within moments of the brief exchange, Mr. Samsel, a Pennsylvania barber, can be seen moving forward and confronting the police in what amounted to the tipping point of the riot. Despite lacking proof for their claims, many Republicans have surmised that Mr. Epps instructed Mr. Samsel to antagonize the officers. They have also pushed the notion that because Mr. Epps has not been arrested, he must have been working for the government.

But for more than a year, well before the name Ray Epps was widely known in right-wing circles, federal authorities have had information — from both him and Mr. Samsel — suggesting that he was not a government agent and did not encourage the younger man to engage with the police that day.

Just two days after the attack, when Mr. Epps saw himself on a list of suspects from Jan. 6, he called an F.B.I. tip line and told investigators that he had tried to calm Mr. Samsel down when they spoke, according to three people who have heard a recording of the call. Mr. Epps went on to say that he explained to Mr. Samsel that the police outside the building were merely doing their jobs, the people said.

Then in late January of last year, in an interview with the F.B.I., Mr. Samsel said much the same thing, telling investigators that a man he did not know came up to him at the barricades and suggested he relax, according to a recording of the interview obtained by The New York Times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On 5/5/2022 at 5:47 PM, DevoHusker said:

Sounds like a person with few morals who wants to ride the coattails of whoever has power. The Benny character in The Mummy comes to mind.

• Plus1 1