Insurrection fallout

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Any wonder Trump is trying so hard to defeat Cheney in Wy.  I hope the Wy GOP realize that they have egg on their faces and what  gem they have as a representative - not because of her politics but because of her character.   Many people will disagree with her politics but I hope they see that character is worth voting for her.  A lot of the GOP agreed wt Trump's adoptive politics (he wasn't a believer just wanted power - he molded his policies positions by using the finger in the air method) but look where his character took the country.  d!(k and Lynn raised a daughter who's time has come.  Bring it on.  I'd love to see her as the main spokesperson that brings trump down.

And some GOP posters here (I won’t name anyone) went on and on about how Liz was fixated on 1/6 and not able to focus on “important” things and that’s why she got demoted in her party. :facepalm:
I guess that kinda fell flat.  
She’s more of a patriot than McCarthy could even dream of being.  

• Plus1 4

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why does Ron continually lie to us??   What’s he get out of it??  I didn’t watch nor have I said anything about last nights hearing.  

You don't realize hyperbole.  

There have been politicians and talking heads that said they weren't going to watch.....but now are saying it's all a lie.  Tucker?  Hannity??

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

And some GOP posters here (I won’t name anyone) went on and on about how Liz was fixated on 1/6 and not able to focus on “important” things and that’s why she got demoted in her party. :facepalm:

I think the survival of our democracy and the prevention of another coup attempt might fall under the 'important' category.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Yep.....but the Republican Party will never recognize that because of their devotion to Trump.

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

It is ok Archy.   I don't think he had you in mind.    But by the way, it is worth going back and watching - keep an open mind. 

I would have watched but was busy watching my 14yr old pitch in KU’s stadium.  Proud papa night 

• Plus1 2

56 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

You made the right choice.    How did he do?

Very well considering.  Was a 16U showcase so was playing up two years.  2 ER over 4 innings with 4k’s. 

Im gonna search for highlights of the hearings and see if anything new was presented that wasn’t already known.  

• Plus1 2

It’s noteworthy that Chairperson Thompson made it clear that the Proud Boys weren’t at the rally, but we’re out near the Capitol while the rally was taking place —likely scouting out how they would make the breach.  Basically suggesting that a conspiracy to attack was already planned and underway, which of course, strongly supports a Seditious Conspiracy theory.   I would imagine they will eventually be able to provide evidence Trump’s team had communication with the PB beforehand.  Hence the alleged multiple GOP pardon requests.  Maybe Trump should have tried to pardon himself after all?  

• Plus1 2

From some poster on the Reddit:

Recap of what we know so far regarding Trump's efforts to overturn the election:

-Trump tried to extort the country of Ukraine for political dirt on Biden. He was impeached over it.
-He tried to weaponize COVID-19 politically by waging a war on mail-in ballots, which he knew would favor Democrats
-Him and DeJoy tried to manipulate the USPS.
-Systematically and intentionally promoted The Big Lie that the election was stolen, which tens of millions of people have come to believe.
-Tried to get electors to illegally cast their votes.
-Him, his lawyers, and allies filed 60+ ridiculous lawsuits for lower courts to overturn the election (with zero evidence), oftentimes not even arguing there was fraud in court, yet claiming it in public.
-Supported an absolutely absurd case for SCOTUS to overturn the election (with zero evidence).
-Summoned Michigan GOP members to attempt to subvert election results.
-He undoubtedly provoked his AG's resignation a few weeks after the election, who soon-before felt compelled to announce there was "No widespread fraud."
-Attended a meeting which floated martial law.
-Told election officials to "stop counting"
-Suggested the military should force states to rehold elections.
-Tried to get the VP to illegally name him President.
-Called the PA Speaker of the House in an attempt to overturn the results.
-Pressured Governor Brian Kemp to push the state legislature to overturn the election.
-Threatened the GA Secretary of State with legal consequences if he did not find enough votes to overturn the election.
-Tried to get an insane conspiracy theorist to lead a special counsel.
-Defied and fired his own election security officials.
-Purged key Pentagon positions after the election.
-Ordered the Pentagon to stop working with Biden's transition team
-Had a draft declaration which instructed the military to seize ballots.
-Directly told the DOJ to lie about the election. "Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen"
-Pressured the DOJ to file a lawsuit to SCOTUS to nullify the election.
-Plotted the logistics of overturning the election via powerpoint with WH staff.
-Plotted the logistics of overturning the election with his lawyer, John Eastman. A federal judge, after seeing the evidence, has now suggested multiple times both Trump and Eastman's efforts "more likely than not" constitute felonies.
-Incited a violent insurrection on U.S. Capitol to stop the certification of Joe Biden.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

From some poster on the Reddit:

Recap of what we know so far regarding Trump's efforts to overturn the election:

-Trump tried to extort the country of Ukraine for political dirt on Biden. He was impeached over it.
-He tried to weaponize COVID-19 politically by waging a war on mail-in ballots, which he knew would favor Democrats
-Him and DeJoy tried to manipulate the USPS.
-Systematically and intentionally promoted The Big Lie that the election was stolen, which tens of millions of people have come to believe.
-Tried to get electors to illegally cast their votes.
-Him, his lawyers, and allies filed 60+ ridiculous lawsuits for lower courts to overturn the election (with zero evidence), oftentimes not even arguing there was fraud in court, yet claiming it in public.
-Supported an absolutely absurd case for SCOTUS to overturn the election (with zero evidence).
-Summoned Michigan GOP members to attempt to subvert election results.
-He undoubtedly provoked his AG's resignation a few weeks after the election, who soon-before felt compelled to announce there was "No widespread fraud."
-Attended a meeting which floated martial law.
-Told election officials to "stop counting"
-Suggested the military should force states to rehold elections.
-Tried to get the VP to illegally name him President.
-Called the PA Speaker of the House in an attempt to overturn the results.
-Pressured Governor Brian Kemp to push the state legislature to overturn the election.
-Threatened the GA Secretary of State with legal consequences if he did not find enough votes to overturn the election.
-Tried to get an insane conspiracy theorist to lead a special counsel.
-Defied and fired his own election security officials.
-Purged key Pentagon positions after the election.
-Ordered the Pentagon to stop working with Biden's transition team
-Had a draft declaration which instructed the military to seize ballots.
-Directly told the DOJ to lie about the election. "Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen"
-Pressured the DOJ to file a lawsuit to SCOTUS to nullify the election.
-Plotted the logistics of overturning the election via powerpoint with WH staff.
-Plotted the logistics of overturning the election with his lawyer, John Eastman. A federal judge, after seeing the evidence, has now suggested multiple times both Trump and Eastman's efforts "more likely than not" constitute felonies.
-Incited a violent insurrection on U.S. Capitol to stop the certification of Joe Biden.

rotisserie-chicken-chicken.gif

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1