Insurrection fallout

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It was about her Departments response or actually lack thereof that contributed to the deaths.  

Yeah. I know what it was "about" Archy. 

Do you think Benghazi warranted the three separate Congressional investigations moreso than the current Jan 6 hearings? 

• Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

What?!?!   Do you have info that the rest of us don’t have.    I don’t believe that mail in votes weren’t counted.  That’s kinda the point of my post.   The Post Office handled the ballot traffic just fine.  

JFC. It wasn't about whether mail-in ballots were counted, Captain Goalposts. It was whether Donald Trump was trying to make mail-in voting more difficult, having been told the mail-in demographic would likely favor Democrats. Donald Trump freely admitted it. Believe him. Same with the GOP attempts at voter suppression at the state levels, and the links all the nice people provided that you ignored. 

Attempted murder is still a crime. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah. I know what it was "about" Archy. 

Do you think Benghazi warranted the three separate Congressional investigations moreso than the current Jan 6 hearings? 

You are kidding right?

Is your argument the money it costs?  Because you are super in favor of 50 BILLION to Ukraine, so that can't be it and you don't like money being spent on USA education...

Soooooo, what is your thinking here?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Welp….say good buy to NBC, CBS, ABC news networks then.  Goodbye to CNN too 

I'm fine with dropping all cable "news" stations. NBC was founded by Americans and its offshoot ABC was founded and is currently owned by Americans, so I think you're making s#!t up again.

3 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Hey, Andrew Carnegie wasn't a US born citizen, but the guy still started public libraries, has buildings and trusts named after him.  It's not the fact a person was or wasn't born here - but if that person (whether they were born here or not) is obviously attacking the foundational institutions of the US  to get rich...that's worth more than a look.

I think owning a news station is different, and it is/was already required that one be a U.S. citizen in order to do that.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You are kidding right?

Is your argument the money it costs?  Because you are super in favor of 50 BILLION to Ukraine, so that can't be it and you don't like money being spent on USA education...

Some things are a waste of money, others aren't. Being okay with $50 billion on something doesn't mean you have to be okay with what you think is a waste of $, even if it's a lot less $.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I'm fine with dropping all cable "news" stations. NBC was founded by Americans and its offshoot ABC was founded and is currently owned by Americans, so I think you're making s#!t up again.

I think owning a news station is different, and it is/was already required that one be a U.S. citizen in order to do that.

When I was a kid there were like 4 stations...

Is that what you want again?  What about Skinemax?????

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Some things are a waste of money, others aren't. Being okay with $50 billion on something doesn't mean you have to be okay with what you think is a waste of $, even if it's a lot less $.

I agree...but he doesn't and he said so.

That is why I am giving him the business.  

I am glad you agree with me,  we both think that helping the American education system first is more important. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Disney owns ABC.   Disney is a publicly traded company and as such has some foreign shareholders…..owners of the company.   

NBC is owned by Comcast, another publicly traded company. By now you get the picture.  

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Welp….say good buy to NBC, CBS, ABC news networks then.  Goodbye to CNN too 

Welp...try and find one person on this board that wouldn't be more than totally fine with that. Cable news is all poisonous trash, even though it's important to understand that it's not all equivalently poisonous trashy trash, some are far worse than others.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Welp...try and find one person on this board that wouldn't be more than totally fine with that. Cable news is all poisonous trash, even though it's important to understand that it's not all equivalently poisonous trashy trash, some are far worse than others.

I have a feeling that if cable news went away...that we would have some very very very bored posters.  Don't you?

Cable news is like Howard Stern, people that hated him listened to him longer than people that liked him.

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, teachercd said:

You are kidding right?

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say or ask.  That was a bold leap from a simple question. 

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Disney owns ABC.   Disney is a publicly traded company and as such has some foreign shareholders…..owners of the company.   

NBC is owned by Comcast, another publicly traded company. By now you get the picture.  

Who's the majority share holder for each? And who are the executives and CEOs?