Insurrection fallout

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

They were all a part of the crime syndicate.   But I understand why the J6C moved her testimony up.  I sure hope she has some protection around her.  This was indeed a John Dean moment. 

Hopefully, this pushes Cipollone to testify.  I doubt it, but it'd be nice.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

We can all tell our grandkids that we lived through and in a period when a lunatic was in power. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/28/politics/donald-trump-january-6/?dicbo=v2-c6de948b98b6bc525c6a972406680393&hpt=ob_blogfooterold

Hopefully we live through it.  It's not over.  If he'd have won or somehow wins again or a clone like Desantis wins they'll form an axis with Russia and, well, check the photos of the destruction of Ukraine.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

They were all a part of the crime syndicate.   But I understand why the J6C moved her testimony up.  I sure hope she has some protection around her.  This was indeed a John Dean moment. 

I mean, over the past few weeks the committee has basically laid out the frame work for a conspiracy against the united states by Trump and team. She basically gave first hand evidence that the conspiracy was still very much alive on Jan 6th, and EVERYONE of importance knew the optics and implications of what Trump wanted.

I have an insane amount of respect for this young Woman.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Are you guys who think nothing will come from this still sure?  If you're right we are truly and wholly f#&%ed.  

I mentioned it earlier in the thread somewhere, or maybe just a thought I had, but I truly believe that the DOJ wanted the committee to take the lead on this to make sure that all the evidence of wrongdoing is aired. They want everything known by everyone in congress and the public to make sure when the DOJ does press charges, there's no cry about a witch hunt outside of the magidiots.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, whateveritis1224 said:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread somewhere, or maybe just a thought I had, but I truly believe that the DOJ wanted the committee to take the lead on this to make sure that all the evidence of wrongdoing is aired. They want everything known by everyone in congress and the public to make sure when the DOJ does press charges, there's no cry about a witch hunt outside of the magidiots.

Agree 100%.  Garland isn't a wallflower or a rookie.  The real tell is that with all the evidence that is present, if he was slow walking on an investigation, we'd see mass resignations like the type that happened in Manhattan.  He needs this to be aired first to quell the "witch-hunt" cries.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Are you guys who think nothing will come from this still sure?  If you're right we are truly and wholly f#&%ed.  

As it stands now, I’m still about 50/50 on an indictment happening for Trump.  And even less confident in a conviction.  I don’t think Garland indicts, unless he thinks he has a air tight case.  This could take a while. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

As it stands now, I’m still about 50/50 on an indictment happening for Trump.  And even less confident in a conviction.  I don’t think Garland indicts, unless he thinks he has a air tight case.  This could take a while. 

They say they are going to have hearings through July.  And, who knows how many surprise hearings we will have like today.  So, buckle your seatbelt and hang on.

Are you saying you're 50/50 that he will get indicted or should be indicted?

I would love to know about the private talks that happened that lead up to this hearing.  Did they go to her asking her to testify?  Or, did she go to them saying she wants to testify?

I know if I was her, I would have one hell of a good scotch in my hand right now.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I would think the DOJ knows how damaging it would be to our country not to indict after what the Jan 6th committee has presented and the DOJ would relay a message in some way letting the committee know not to public present the case in the manner that they have if there was no intention to indict.  The committee is breaking trail.