Insurrection fallout

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I am absolutely flabbergasted that the local Trump supporters aren’t in here today defending this.  Flabbergasted I tells ya.

The MAGA newsletter spin doctors maybe, finally have met their match. Kangaroo court and witch hunt must seem a bit insufficient.

@Archy1221 has said he doesn’t agree with what trump did after the election. Hopefully, he now realizes he should have never been in office. 

@Notre Dame Joe on the other hand…..I’m sure he’s reading up on the talking points. 

• Plus1 1

not sure i believe the part about trump reaching for the driving wheel.....is that possible in the beast?    and i don't think he knows how to drive anyway.   that is also the part that might be hearsay.  didn't she say she heard about that incident?    otherwise everything else seems to fit....and maybe my doubts about the limo ride aren't justified

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I am absolutely flabbergasted that the local Trump supporters aren’t in here today defending this.  Flabbergasted I tells ya.

The MAGA newsletter spin doctors maybe, finally have met their match. Kangaroo court and witch hunt must seem a bit insufficient.

As I understand it, their moms won't wallow them computer time until they've finished their daily homework (i.e., Tucker is off the air).

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, commando said:

not sure i believe the part about trump reaching for the driving wheel.....is that possible in the beast?    and i don't think he knows how to drive anyway.   that is also the part that might be hearsay.  didn't she say she heard about that incident?    otherwise everything else seems to fit....and maybe my doubts about the limo ride aren't justified

Yes, that part was hearsay as she was not in the beast. But I cannot imagine doubting that he would reach for the steering wheel or attempt to choke someone in his detail. All seems par for the course to me.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
22 minutes ago, commando said:

I saw a couple references to that same argument...replete with diagrams of Obama in the backseat. If that was where Trump was sitting, then it didn't happen the way she said she heard it did.

But then I saw references to the fact Trump was in a normal Tahoe looking suv and not the beast...who knows.

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yes, that part was hearsay as she was not in the beast. But I cannot imagine doubting that he would reach for the steering wheel or attempt to choke someone in his detail. All seems par for the course to me.

Wasn’t she talking directly to the agent who was in the beast?  If so she was passing on first hand witness testimony 

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, commando said:

8 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I saw a couple references to that same argument...replete with diagrams of Obama in the backseat. If that was where Trump was sitting, then it didn't happen the way she said she heard it did.

But then I saw references to the fact Trump was in a normal Tahoe looking suv and not the beast...who knows.

What is special about the beast that a backseat passenger could not reach for the wheel?

I’ve had multiple Yukons and Yukon XLs and it sure would be possible. Is there some sort of partition in the beast?

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Wasn’t she talking directly to the agent who was in the beast?  If so she was passing on first hand witness testimony 

Yea that’s my understanding. And the secret service is cooperating with the committee so I’m guessing it will eventually be confirmed or refuted.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Soon enough the talking points will arrive here now that the GOP has their playbook updated.   Weak but here it is

Have these people never learned to cut bait FFS?

Did they not literally play clips of her deposition corroborating the exact same story she was telling the committee today?

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

What is special about the beast that a backseat passenger could not reach for the wheel?

I’ve had multiple Yukons and Yukon XLs and it sure would be possible. Is there some sort of partition in the beast?

There doesn't appear to be a partition, but I have a hard time believing he could squeeze his fat a$$ up there.

https://www.drivespark.com/four-wheelers/2017/inside-donald-trumps-new-cadillac-one-the-beast-020904.html

02-1488443557-cadillac-presidential-limo

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? When there's hugely bad news for Orange Man Bad, certain accounts are nary to be seen.

You can set your watch to it.