Insurrection fallout

25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The question is, what are the "receipts"?  We have one testimony saying she was told this happened under oath.  We have one guy saying it didn't happen while not under oath.  

What I find interesting is that the video of Trump being driven away from the rally in the suburban shows him being very animated while talking to the driver.  I'm sure that's when he was being told he wasn't going to the capital.  Unfortunately, the incident wasn't on video.

Wasn't there a third person in the vehicle?

Cipollone, right? And the secret service detail, but based on reports that have been coming out they are extremely loyal to Trump. So there's the possibility they would lie under oath for him.

I'm also not that comfortable with secret service testifying. I think they should be like the wallpaper so that all POTUS can speak freely in their presence and now worry about them having an agenda.

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wasn't there a third person in the vehicle?

Yes, the lead SS agent in the front seat who blocked trump's grab for the wheel and whom trump then 'assailed' with his other hand - reaching towards his neck.   He was in the room when Ornato told the story to Cassidy and he didn't deny the story as she testified. 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, the lead SS agent in the front seat who blocked trump's grab for the wheel and whom trump then 'assailed' with his other hand - reaching towards his neck.   He was in the room when Ornato told the story to Cassidy and he didn't deny the story as she testified. 

So, Ornato was in the passenger seat and both of them were the ones in the office when Cassidy got back?  Ornato was the one that told her what happened and the driver didn't dispute it?

When I was originally hearing the testimony, I was confused on who all was in the car and who was telling Cassidy about it.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, Ornato was in the passenger seat and both of them were the ones in the office when Cassidy got back?  Ornato was the one that told her what happened and the driver didn't dispute it?

When I was originally hearing the testimony, I was confused on who all was in the car and who was telling Cassidy about it.

No it was SSA Robert Engel in the car. He was the lead agent in the president's detail.  Ornato, is Engel's boss.  Ornato was telling the story to Hutchinson.  Engel was in the room when Ornato told the story and did not deny it.  

A Secret Service agent had to physically restrain Trump who, sitting in the back seat, used his free hand to lunge toward the neck of Secret Service agent Robert Engel, Hutchinson testified.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

No it was SSA Robert Engel in the car. He was the lead agent in the president's detail.  Ornato, is Engel's boss.  Ornato was telling the story to Hutchinson.  Engel was in the room when Ornato told the story and did not deny it.  

Got it.

I have a friend by the last name Engel.  I'll have to ask him what his relative knows.

So, was Ornato in the car also?  If not, was anyone a third person?  Sorry for the confusion.

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Got it.

I have a friend by the last name Engel.  I'll have to ask him what his relative knows.

So, was Ornato in the car also?  If not, was anyone a third person?  Sorry for the confusion.

Just the driver, Engel and Trump.   So I would imagine they could interview the driver. But I suspect they already have.  Liz talked about how confident they were in all aspects of Hutchinson's testimony and basically told the SS to 'bring it on' - come and testify.   I think they are covering their basis and have multi-levels of confirmation on the strong points being made.  They could have presented all of this in a 90 volume book series full of footnotes  & named it "The Case Against Trump" and do it  the Joe Friday Dragnet way "Just the Facts Maam. Just the Facts" but having people share the stories/testimonies is making  all of these facts very real and undeniable.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Just the driver, Engel and Trump.   So I would imagine they could interview the driver. But I suspect they already have.  Liz talked about how confident they were in all aspects of Hutchinson's testimony and basically told the SS to 'bring it on' - come and testify.   I think they are covering their basis and have multi-levels of confirmation on the strong points being made.  They could have presented all of this in a 90 volume book series full of footnotes  & named it "The Case Against Trump" and do it  the Joe Friday Dragnet way "Just the Facts Maam. Just the Facts" but having people share the stories/testimonies is making  all of these facts very real and undeniable.  

I would put a lot of money on that they have told all witnesses (especially Hutchinson) "Do not embellish.  Tell it exactly how you saw and heard things from your perspective."

So, I have no doubt that Hutchinson was told this.  So, if it didn't happen, why did Ornata tell her it did?

51 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I hope he is under some witness protection program.   He would be the hammer that pounds the nail into the trump coffin.  

But does Attorney client privilege come in to play here?

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't think so if the attorney is helping in some way with committing a crime.  But, I'm not positive on that.

It's going to wind up in a court ruling for sure. No way team Trump let's him just spill his guts.

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

But does Attorney client privilege come in to play here?

Probably not, unless he’s still Trump’s attorney or the activity in question occurred while he was being represented by Cipollone for a related matter, but I don’t know.  Good question.  I doubt you can just do whatever you want in front of your attorney and expect no repercussions.  

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It's going to wind up in a court ruling for sure. No way team Trump let's him just spill his guts.

That might depend on Cipollone's attitude towards it.  Sounds like he was trying to talk Trump out of doing worse than he did on J6.  

No matter what, if he testifies, it's going to get even a lot more interesting.

• Plus1 1